Rear valve hydraulic configuration, 7300

Vrat

Equipment
B7300 HSD
Sep 23, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
I’m going to install a second hydraulic connection on the rear of my 7300 with FEL for the leaf collection attachment. Going through and reviewing the valve (Wolverine MB11B5C1) configuration with a power beyond port (PB) I also noticed the FEL valve has a PB port that connects to the transmission return fitting. Looking through the manual the FEL lines are installed correctly.

Question, do I use this line from the FEL valve PB connection for the second valve and run the second valve output back to the transmission return fitting?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The PB from the loader does not go to the transmission return it, goes to the three point.

Yes you take the PB from the loader to the in of the new valve, then the PB or out goes back to the three point, if it also has tank/return port you can tee into the tank/return line off of the loader.

Vrat

Equipment
B7300 HSD
Sep 23, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
Thanks Wolfman, answers my question but raises a couple more questions if you don’t mind. Before the FEL was installed, which was done prior to me, it appears in the manual there was no connection to the tranny where the PB is now connected. It looks like it was plugged, see RETURN.PDF.

Was hyd pressure prior to the FEL supplied to the 3pt through the hardline? See HL.PDF.

Sorry for all the question, I’d like to understand the full system rather than just install the valve.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok, I think you are mixing things up.

The line that you are referring to is not PB, it's return or tank.

Power for the loader comes out the block on the hard line and back in on the same block as PB from the loader to the three point.

POWER OUT= Power from hydraulic pump to loader valve.
POWER IN OR PB= Power returning from loader valve to circuit for the three point use.
Tank or Return is a third line (not shown in this picture) from the loader valve for dumping extra or overflow fluid back to the case or sump.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vrat

Equipment
B7300 HSD
Sep 23, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
You are correct, there is a bit of confusion on my part. The confusion comes from the PB port of the loader valve going to the return on the trans. See pic.

If I'm understanding the system correctly I should be able to move the PB from the loader valve (that presently goes to the trans) to the "in" of the new valve and the "out" back to the transmission return?

Or the the PB from the loader valve (that presently goes to the trans) to the "in" of the new valve and the "out" back to a T at the block on the hard line and the PB of the new valve to the trans return.

Again, thanks for you patience and greatly appreciate you educating me.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need to look at the lines very closely, as that PB does not / should not go to return on the side of the case.

Attachments

Vrat

Equipment
B7300 HSD
Sep 23, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
Bingo, I cut the tie wraps off to separate the lines and I see the correct layout as you showed. Now that makes sense.

Thanks for getting this straightened out.