Rear Snow Blowers used with Cab Tractors

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Bird dogger
That Lorenz snow blower is one of the best you can get. Great reports out there on the blower. The last time I was at the plant I told the guys loading me that they could slide one in the rear of the trailer. He said that everything they had built was sold so no way, with a grin tho. A company I work with contract hires them to build components for them. The owner is over 90 and still coming to work. And dealing with truckers you need to remember that the mouth sometimes needs to let the brain catch up.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Bird dogger
That Lorenz snow blower is one of the best you can get. Great reports out there on the blower. The last time I was at the plant I told the guys loading me that they could slide one in the rear of the trailer. He said that everything they had built was sold so no way, with a grin tho. A company I work with contract hires them to build components for them. The owner is over 90 and still coming to work. And dealing with truckers you need to remember that the mouth sometimes needs to let the brain catch up.
I would love to see their plant and manufacturing operation! Hoping someone takes over and keeps the design under production. Mega Kudo's to the original owner for building them. The blower isn't fancy but it's extremely rugged and still functions perfectly. I think the price was around $1800 when I bought it new in the early 90s. It seemed like a lot of money then but it's sure been economical now after working all these years without fail.

Regarding your trucker comment, Kurtee,....too funny! I didn't notice how many bills were in the folded money he handed me until I was back home and inside. Pretty surprised to find 3 "C" notes in my pocket. So either that trucker really was remorseful for his comments or he really did need to get his trailer out of the packed snow and back on the road. 😂 If I had known there were 3 bills there, I would've given him 2 back and still felt good about helping him. He probably laughs over what his mouth cost him that day as much as we still do. And the odds are pretty good he was out of there a couple of days before anyone else could've helped him out anyway.

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I've been using my 5 foot Meteor blower on my B7610 for many years. I almost bought a B2650 this summer but I do not want R4 tires. After looking around some more, everything was sold. I just spent 3 hours yesterday and 2 hours today driving backwards clearing our driveway and 1/2 mile private road. 28" of snow here in upstate NY.
I am wondering what users that have cab tractors and 3 PT snow blowers think of long time use? I always look over my right shoulder to keep my foot on the HST pedal and grab the ROPS with my right hand.
With the really cold weather & 76 year old arthritic bones, I can hardly get off the tractor after two hours.
How is in a cab tractor with the new treddle pedal feel after being turned around for a few hours?
I'm only 47 years old but I've had neck and back issues for years. I ended up getting a pull type snowblower. Just drive forward, enjoy the ride and enjoy the lack of neck pain. Plus you can still use your loader if you need it.

20201217_130719.jpg
20201217_130740.jpg

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
To each his or her own...

I have spent a lot of time using rear-mounted 3pth blowers. In this part of the country we get real snow.

My first Kubota came with a front mount blower. How well did I like it? Well, I've since acquired two more Kubota's with front-mount blowers. 'Nuff said.

Yesterday I cleared my father's lane... a half mile that's about half uphill and twisty through the bush, the other half fairly straight through open country where the wind gets a chance to drift snow over the road.

I've done this same lane many, many times with several different pieces of equipment, from an old Oliver gas tractor with a crappy old McKee 3pth blower to a M-F135 with a great 3pth Meteor blower, to a "built like a tank" Holder articulated tractor with 4' front mount blower... Of them all, the B7510 with its heated cab and front-mounded blower is the very best setup. It's got a heavy box blade on the back end and runs turf tires. It would be better if the tractor had more power, but the B7510 is adequate for power if one is willing to ease up on the forward speed.

Yesterday I was blowing snow wearing a t-shirt... What's not to like about a heated cab? The cab I installed has a pair of external rear-view mirrors that provide a good view of the edges of the box scraper. I'm liking the idea of that big truck mirror but don't have a good place to install it in the cab, thanks to the overhead heater that sits where the photos show the truck mirror is mounted. Hmmm... gonna have to think about this a bit!

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I'm only 47 years old but I've had neck and back issues for years. I ended up getting a pull type snowblower. Just drive forward, enjoy the ride and enjoy the lack of neck pain. Plus you can still use your loader if you need it.
I'm with you DB. Just got a SB68PT with my new 3901. So much better than cranking the neck, plus I can still move firewood without taking it off.

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I'm with you DB. Just got a SB68PT with my new 3901. So much better than cranking the neck, plus I can still move firewood without taking it off.
Nice, that's the same blower I have. It works great even on my underpowered L2501 so it must be fantastic on the L3901. I wanted an L3901 but it was a 4 month wait. They had an L2501 in stock dirt cheap so I went that route and it works great.