L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Ok need some ideas

I own this blade

http://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3337

RB-72.jpg

Can anyone think of a way to modifiy it to offset, even just to the right..
I know, I know, I screwed up when I bought it and should have thought of that issue ahead of time, and just bought the 6 Way...

That is also an option, to sell this one and buy a new one and just suck up the loss of using this for 2 years...

I actually have no real compliants on the blade, it does everything I need it to do, and if I wanted to buy tire chains, I would feel more comfortable about getting farther to the edge of the road to cut back the "Slush" berms...

This is what KK did to create an Offset and Tilt, would that be possible ????

RB-OT-72.jpg

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could alter yours to make it like the one in the second one picture with just some slight mods, but it's a pain to unbolt slide and retighten.

Another option is to use an added quick detachable wing for just such times when you need to knock off the edges.

I tried to use mine offset and boy was it fun on the ice... Think clown car!:eek:
Now that the ice has receded enough to get traction it's not a problem.;)

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Your 3ph is usually centered but you can move it to one side by tightening one side on the chains and loosening the other. May only get you 6 to 8 inches on the blade but it will be offset.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Your 3ph is usually centered but you can move it to one side by tightening one side on the chains and loosening the other. May only get you 6 to 8 inches on the blade but it will be offset.
Try it easy, first. The stabilizers are designed to keep the implement from moving, not to support a huge side load. That will impose a lot of leverage on one stabilizer.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
You could alter yours to make it like the one in the second one picture with just some slight mods, but it's a pain to unbolt slide and retighten.

Another option is to use an added quick detachable wing for just such times when you need to knock off the edges.

I tried to use mine offset and boy was it fun on the ice... Think clown car!:eek:
Now that the ice has receded enough to get traction it's not a problem
.;)
That was exactly what I am trying to avoid, you know exactly what I am dealing with... No prob with the morning after our first snow, had the blower on and moved it all with one pass :) Then we got that next 4 inches, and the rain started, so I dropped the blower hooked up the blade and scraped off the slush :) if I could get 12 inches to the right side I would be golden.. That would let me stay pretty solid on the road bed and push the snow out to an easy 10 foot wide swath... Maybe the slide to the side mod would be the easiest besides buying a different blade :eek:

See what Ted does at 1:15 in,, that is what I should have bought :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWMGdFUNi4

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you just want to push the berm of snow off the driveway you could probably fashion a bolt-on blade extension. I've seen some made with water heater tanks. Problem is that sooner or later you use it for more than you EVER intended, and pretty well botch things up.
Wolf's swing arm looked like it would be workable without too much headache. You probably would not need the tilt function.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com