Rear remotes on a B2620 ( my version anyway)

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I didn't know about rear remotes when I bought my B2620 last nov. but when I read about top and tilt kits and saw others setups, I knew I needed them too.
(well wanted them, anyway..) I didn't like the factory options for rear remotes I saw posted around and thought if its just an add on maybe I can do something I like better.
It took me a couple weeks to gather everything I needed but I finally got it finished this weekend and have a working hydraulic top link which I like more than I first thought I would, it's going to make things much easier.
I plan on running the other set to the front for the "Thumb" grapple I'm mounting to the bucket, I figure the horizontal action on the joystick can work for either the rear tilt or front grapple cylinder by switching the connections.
Only got to play a couple of hours today but it works great and sure does make changing implements easy.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
The clutter is one reason I didn't option for the factory option, the valve and hoses hung outside over the fender just didn't seem right. I tried everything I could to mount the valve tucked in behind the seat next to the fender but clearance was always an issue, when the lift arms raised. There's not a lot of room back there. Then getting the linkage or lever in a comfortable position was difficult, I think this option is going to work pretty good.

Got to test run the THUMB grapple yesterday and should get it all painted and mounted today. This is going to be COOL!!!! :D

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Pretty well done :D Oh and is that a sporty parked in back?

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Didn't notice you can see the rears of the bike in the background, the one in the 3rd picture is 78 low rider stroker. And the second pic is a '02 night train.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
That looks good!
Do you have any pictures of how you tied the other end of the lines into the tractor??

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
That looks good!
Do you have any pictures of how you tied the other end of the lines into the tractor??
I have this one, but that doesn't tell you much about it. My model has a external line that feeds the 3 point lift from the loader valve, which made it very easy to add this aux valve. I just ran that line though the aux. valve then feed the 3 point lift from the power beyond port of the aux. valve. There is 1 more hose not shown in this picture, it is a low pressure return hose that I spliced into the return hose that went from my loader valve back to the side of the transmission to dump back to the tank.

It is very simple one I figured out what everything was. 3 weeks ago I didn't know squat about hydraulics but a couple of guys on MTF had added Aux. valves to their B series tractors and helped explain a lot .
There's a few diagrams I posted there that show the stock lines that may help explain a little.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Interesting! I have a power beyond valve here that I have never found the time to install. I will have to find your diagrams and see if they will work for my B7500.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Ohhh I see your model has the loader valve up front attached to the loader, that is a bit simpler I believe, I saw a few examples posted others had stacked there remote valve over the loader valve on similar models.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
OMG you stroked an AMF???
Hahaha, I didn't start it but I finished it. I bought it as a basket case and completed it a couple of years ago, it's 98CI big bore S&S kit, but has too much of a radical Lienweber cam for anything but the strip..

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I had replied to one of your other post before i found this one. thanks . Any suggestions for me as im looking to do this to mine? can you link to the diagrams that were alluded too?

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I can show you some photos but it I had a problem seeing exactly where it connected in others photos.
These diagrams explained it better I think, and once you get under the tractor and see where the connections are, it is pretty simple really. I should probably mention I had to remove the rear right wheel and the right rear fender to get good access to the FEL valve power beyond port and the return tube. But they are easily removed and reinstalled.

Attachments

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
This is the low pressure return under the FEL loader valve to T into.

Attachments

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
thanks that helps a lot. after you removed the banjo fittings on the hard line did a std o ring fitting screw right in? I'm surprized that the return is just a clamped fitting. Your control is a loader controler?

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
thanks that helps a lot. after you removed the banjo fittings on the hard line did a std o ring fitting screw right in? I'm surprized that the return is just a clamped fitting. Your control is a loader controler?
Yea the bolts that are removed are replaced, I think they were SAE8 o ring to JIC6 but don't hold me to that I remember taking them to our hydraulic supply house here for them to match up.
Yea the return on the loader valve now is just attached with hose clamps.

The aux valve I used for my remotes is a loader valve I liked the idea of only 1 lever for 2 functions.

I followed a few others lead that had added remotes to their Bxx20 tractors over at TBN & MTF they were helpful, credit goes to them for helping me out..

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I Had looked at the loader valve too,any situation where the float position could be used? The one i looked at you had to buy the power beyond adaptor separate, is it just a fitting with a groove/passage inside to let the oil continue on to somewhere else?

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
The valve I used has float on the down vertical position. I read many recommendations to have a float option on at least one if not both remotes, I really haven't found a need for it myself, but it's there if I need it I guess..
I had to buy the PB adapter separately too, it replaces a plug in the valve to feed to down the line. That is where it goes to the 3PH.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice Job!! Quite often you want to float the top link when mowing, etc. You will be happy to have the valve for it.