Rear Remote Leak

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have a slight problem with the rear remote on my L3560HSTC. The dealer installed it last year (that's a whole other matter) and was a problem from the get go, leavers not working properly, couldn't hook up connectors from the implements, just poor service. Now the problem, one of the ports is leaking. I'm not sure if it's from the threaded nipple or something else. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
Remotes are kind of messy, every disconnect has oil running into the holder.

I guess you could run a cylinder to the end and see if the threads are leaking since the tape joint looks sloppy.

Easy enough to tighten it if needed.

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
sloppy job with the teflon for sure. Snug it up and you should be good. If that doesnt fix it, dont be scared to take it apart and re-do that slipshod teflon job. only needs 2 wraps too.... sometimes folks get jiggy with the tape (3 has to be better than 2 and so on)...and that causes trouble too. Make sure you have the engine off and cycle all the valves first to bleed off the pressure.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Thanks for the advice. I was just thinking of taking it apart and re-doing that connector, may do that tomorrow.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
For what it's worth...

I was taught that Teflon tape should never be used on hydraulic fittings as pieces can flake off and cause damage to the pump. Also, I notice on my 2016 Kubota M7060HDC12 that no hydraulic fittings have Teflon tape - so Kubota apparently doesn't use it either.

I use this material and have positive results:

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
WOW, mbu, they are not giving that stuff away! Best I could do was $30. on ebay with free shipping. It'll take 4 days, but I guess I can wait. Around here it is going for $50 & $60 a bottle. Never did like that Teflon tape any way. Thanks for the advice.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
I never use anything but teflon tape. I just never put it on the thread closest to the opening. And this isn't because I think teflon tape is right...it's just because I wimp out every time I go to buy the good stuff and see how expensive it is!