Rear Mower Deck

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
I recently bought a 48" 3pt rear discharge mower deck. I took it apart to clean it and found the bearings on one blade spindle is shot, also the pully on the same spindle is cracked. The model number is K-348-7. Does kubota still sell the parts for these decks or is there a cross reference number? I am having a bit of trouble removing the pully, I removed the set screw, I have a pully puller on it and sprayed with rust penetrant, I do not want to put too much force on it. Is there an easier way or am I missing something? Also it looks like this spindle has been worked on before because the pully is different than the other side and the center pully which are the same.
Thanks in advance to any help possible.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:(Good luck on stuck part. I have a midmount on mine someone had tried to remove it before I bought it. I tried everything. I am not telling you to do this but finally ended up pressing it off with my shop press looked like a flitter when removed:eek:. Needless to say have a new on it now;). Good luck. handyman

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Chip one other thing if you resort to shop press to get it off before you try to put new pulley on make sure you use sandpaper and clean the rust and corossion off shaft before you put the new pulley on the shaft or you will have more problems. Sometimes the press is the only way because they get hot and seize to shaft. Vic, dusty or someone else may have another trick. handy

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Chip one other thing if you resort to shop press to get it off before you try to put new pulley on make sure you use sandpaper and clean the rust and corossion off shaft before you put the new pulley on the shaft or you will have more problems. Sometimes the press is the only way because they get hot and seize to shaft. Vic, dusty or someone else may have another trick. handy[/QUOT

just a quick note about sanding the shaft. I personally think it's always better to file high spots and burs off the shaft using a fine file, and then hit it with some fine emery paper 220+. The hard file will only file the high spots, so you are sure to remove them. Simply sanding can at times make the surface look and feel uniform, but not necessarily flat. This is especially true for a cylinder rod that may have been nicked. Only file a cylinder rod, never sand it.

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
Thanks for the information I really needed the model number B348-7. I put another turn on the pully puller but it still isnt budging. I will keep trying.