Ready to Pull The Trigger!

cryptobrian

Sep 13, 2013
Maple Valley
I've recently moved from Maryland to Washington state. Left my small, green, garden tractor behind in Maryland and decided to treat myself to a slightly larger piece of equipment.

So, I got a couple of competitive quotes ... they were largely the same so I figure the deal must be fair enough. But I'd be interested to hear opinions to let me know if we are in the ball park.

Essentially, I am looking at a BX 2370, with loader, and a 54" deck. Both dealers have offered 12.5% off of list, plus the $700 instant rebate that Kubota is offering right now. Delivery is of course free.

I liked both dealers, but one is significantly closer. So assuming all else is equal I'll pull the trigger and go with the closer dealer tomorrow.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations, we went from a 54" to 60" deck and it worked much better for us, but we don't have a lot of obstacles.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Sounds like a great plan to me. I bought mine from Sound Tractor in Everett. They are good people there.

cryptobrian

Sep 13, 2013
Maple Valley
I ended up going with Issaquah Honda-Kubota. Sound Tractor was the other dealer I was considering and to be honest, I only went with Issaquah because they are so close to me. Had I not had a very good experience there, I would have definitely gone down to Sound Tractor. I had been working with Lars at Sound, via email, and he was really great to work with. Even after I told him I went elsewhere, he send a nice congrats email and said that he supported my decision to go with the local guy as I'll probably end up going there for service. Stand-up guy and I'd highly recommend him to anyone in his area.

Now if only the sun would shine so I can go out and play!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I have the BX 1860 with loader and belly mower. It now has 150 hours on it. I also have a rear blade for light grading and for snow plowing. I have had several other tractors and have had good luck with all. However, here I made a mistake. I figured that the three point operation was the same as other tractors. It is not. It is a simple On-Off valve for up and for down. There is no automatic setting of the height of the three point system as on most other tractors.

Before buying look at the forum "Operating" section under the subject dealing wit "jerky three point system". There you will see how bad the system is.

The location of the handle for the three point is too low for using it if you have to back up much at the same time looking backwards.

If I had to do it over again I would be getting New Holland of the same HP even if I had to pay more. When grading or plowing snow, especially over ground that may have the blade dig in, the BX is a real problem.

If you never need much three point work, then the BX will be OK.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I've recently moved from Maryland to Washington state. Left my small, green, garden tractor behind in Maryland and decided to treat myself to a slightly larger piece of equipment.

So, I got a couple of competitive quotes ... they were largely the same so I figure the deal must be fair enough. But I'd be interested to hear opinions to let me know if we are in the ball park.

Essentially, I am looking at a BX 2370, with loader, and a 54" deck. Both dealers have offered 12.5% off of list, plus the $700 instant rebate that Kubota is offering right now. Delivery is of course free.

I liked both dealers, but one is significantly closer. So assuming all else is equal I'll pull the trigger and go with the closer dealer tomorrow.
Cryptobrian:

Your post didn't' mention the size of your property or what you need the tractor for. If you posted that, some very good recommendations will likely come your way from the OTT site.

Welcome to WA, I'm on the dry side over here in WA. It serves us well on 6.5 acres during snow or whatever.

Good luck.

We have an L3700SU (same as L3800)

Burt

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know I could never understand how someone would buy something and find it not to their liking and instead of getting rid of it taking the hit and getting something they feel is better suited for their needs:confused:,, They sit around and bad mouth their purchase and tell every one that will listen how bad their thing is, instead of selling it and moving on to what they like, and being happy:(,, Life is to short not to drive, or ride what you like :D That's why I ride a Harley it makes me happy

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well, it is easier to criticize somebody than to admit your mistake of not fully researching what you were buying.

cryptobrian

Sep 13, 2013
Maple Valley
Yep, appreciate all of the input ... had already done the competitive comparisons and was OK with the decision to go with the BX 2360. I was mostly in need of input regarding "the deal" if there was input to be offered. In the end, I was comfortable with the offer ... it seemed fair to me, and I liked the dealer. So all is good.

Brian