Ready to buy new machine. Not enjoying the process already..

CTinCT

Apr 29, 2020
Prospect, CT. USA
I did some research and I'm ready to buy a new L3560 LE. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm looking for, so today a made a few calls. #1) The finance deals look attractive, but they are certainly not 'free money'. And honestly they just complicate what I would like to be a simple deal. #2) Dealer fees can be HIGH. Dealer today added $1,200 set-up (on a machine with NO loader or backhoe) and $600 (for what they paid in shipping costs), paperwork fee, blah, blah...I was waiting for them add on undercoating. So at this point I'm just looking for a painless deal. Can somebody recommend a dealer/salesperson in the Northeast (or anywhere if they want to ship one). I'm just looking for a good price on what should be a simple out-right sale. I'd like it to go something like this...We discuss the details, they give me a TOTAL price, I pay them, they give me machine, I go home...lol

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Not to get into your business but I would think you should look into a front end loader for the tractor. Even if you never use it, the resale value of your tractor goes way up. I would shop any dealer near enough for you to drive to. Ask for the quote in writing.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Northeast = Messicks, right? (Pennsylvania) And Barlows in Kentucky are....probably not North East. What do I know, in NZ anything in the north island is driving distance. At least get a price from both I'd think.

Edit: Google thinks it's 4h drive to Messicks. That's doable. Anything between 2 hours and 4 hours is still a day round trip. Not sure how far they deliver.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Do your homework....
since you know the tractor model you want, go online and see what MSRP and what dealers will sell it for. Now what do YOU want to pay for it ? Remember there's taxes added ( up here 13% ).
When I bought my BX23S, I walked in, said I wanted 'that', can you deliver in 2 weeks, for $x.xx dollars 'out the door' ? He said, do you want a MMM, I said no, but toss in the 3PH kit. He said OK....done deal. Yeah 3PH kit is still in the box....

dealer prep and deliver are cons. up here new car delivery truckers used to get $50 /car,they sure don't get $500-600 !!

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I owned a tractor for 20 years before I put a loader on it. I knew I had to cut grass and blow snow so that is what I did. I had no clue what I was missing out on for those 20 years. I had an idea but really did not think of all of the instances
it would have been useful. Do yourself a favor and talk yourself into the loader, you will not regret it!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I did some research and I'm ready to buy a new L3560 LE. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm looking for, so today a made a few calls. #1) The finance deals look attractive, but they are certainly not 'free money'. And honestly they just complicate what I would like to be a simple deal. #2) Dealer fees can be HIGH. Dealer today added $1,200 set-up (on a machine with NO loader or backhoe) and $600 (for what they paid in shipping costs), paperwork fee, blah, blah...I was waiting for them add on undercoating. So at this point I'm just looking for a painless deal. Can somebody recommend a dealer/salesperson in the Northeast (or anywhere if they want to ship one). I'm just looking for a good price on what should be a simple out-right sale. I'd like it to go something like this...We discuss the details, they give me a TOTAL price, I pay them, they give me machine, I go home...lol
Call Pinnacleview Equipment in Walpole, NH. A great family dealership that has been in business for since the 40s. I believe that they were one of the earlier Kubota dealerships. Both of the salesman are good and very knowledgeable about their products.
6zero37five63three7nine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you do decide on the loader get the 'Quick Attach' version NOT the pin-on style !
Whatever the extra cost(if any) is, it'll pay for itself when you don't wrench you back and be off your feet for a month after trying to wrestle 4 pins, a bucket and tractor all at the same time ! Unless you've got a huge concrete pad to park stuff on,changing pinned implements can be $$$ in drs. visits !!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Northeast = Messicks, right? (Pennsylvania) And Barlows in Kentucky are....probably not North East. What do I know, in NZ anything in the north island is driving distance. At least get a price from both I'd think.

Edit: Google thinks it's 4h drive to Messicks. That's doable. Anything between 2 hours and 4 hours is still a day round trip. Not sure how far they deliver.
More dealers than Messicks in the east and more than Barlow's in the mid south. I'd be looking for a local dealer if I was thew OP.

eliot3b4

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 7, 2019
Eliot, Maine
Go to Chappell's Milford, NH. Awesome dealer. Sent me a tin of cookies as a thank you for my business!

Reactions: 1 user

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Barlows dropped my BX23S in my driveway for $800 freight. He smoked my local dealers. However, this time around Im buying from local. Given what’s happened with Covid, the economy etc....

the Green dealer is charging $500 for freight and $300 for setup. Plus the insurance is cheaper.

Kioti dealer is tossing in a bunch in the “package price”.

Massey dealer has a good quote sheet clearly spelling it all out.

Its all very similar to buying a car from a dealer. If you dont feel comfortable, check out a different dealer.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Call Pinnacleview Equipment in Walpole, NH. A great family dealership that has been in business for since the 40s. I believe that they were one of the earlier Kubota dealerships. Both of the salesman are good and very knowledgeable about their products.
6zero37five63three7nine
X2 - I pass two other Kubota dealers (MTD and Chappell) to use Pinnacle View.

Was a customer at Chappell for over 25 years (I bought my NH1620 tractor new from them).

When I was looking at the new Kubota's they quoted me straight list price on everything and didn't even include the Kubota multi-attachment discount.

So I called around. Pinnacle gave a slight discount and all the offered incentives. I called chappell back and they were very blasae about the missed discounts and would not budge on price (even saying they purchased more than Pinnacle and got better pricing from Kubota) claiming that Pinnacle could/would not honor the deal.

The day of delivery I talked them into providing the first few filter changes (Oil, 3 - HST, 4 Fuel, 2 and 1 air filter.

I had a warranty issue where the 3rd function control (kubota OEM kit) top button would stick closed. Wanting the part and not wanting to bring the unit to them, they sent me the part and allowed me to send back a picture of the defective part.

I am a very happy customer of Pinnacle View.

CTinCT

Apr 29, 2020
Prospect, CT. USA
6zero37five63three7nine
Thank you. I spoke with Pinnacleview.. Very nice guy, just didn't have exactly what I was looking for.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thank you. I spoke with Pinnacleview.. Very nice guy, just didn't have exactly what I was looking for.
That’s too bad that they didn’t have what you were looking for. I know that their inventory is way down lately, I sure do to Covid-19 disruptions.