Rattle Can and Line-X

Carl k

Equipment
L3800DT
Jun 3, 2012
Rice, Virginia
I am interested in the Line-X on the floors. It looks great. I have a new L3800 with just the orange paint on the floors. I was thinking of making floor mats, but was concerned with trapping moisture and encouraging rust to form. Line-X seems to be a better solution. Since the Kubota floors have raised lips around the traction holes, these spots will see more wear than the rest of the floor. Do you think it will eventually wear through these raised areas with use? Do you remember how much it cost to do the floors? Thanks. Can't wait to see the rest of this project.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I am interested in the Line-X on the floors. It looks great. I have a new L3800 with just the orange paint on the floors. I was thinking of making floor mats, but was concerned with trapping moisture and encouraging rust to form. Line-X seems to be a better solution. Since the Kubota floors have raised lips around the traction holes, these spots will see more wear than the rest of the floor. Do you think it will eventually wear through these raised areas with use? Do you remember how much it cost to do the floors? Thanks. Can't wait to see the rest of this project.
Line-X or any of the professionally applied coating should hold up fine- the coatings lasts on top of bolt heads in truck beds, which is a concentrated wear area.
I would suggest that you use the professionally applied bedliners, instead of trying to do it yourself. I have used the different brands over the years (tightwad, and I don't remember my mistakes well), both spray and paint on, and they don't hold up. They don't bond as well, aren't nearly as tough, and once applied, will make it difficult to deal with when you are unsatisfied with it and want to do something different. Spend more and get it done right the first time.
I do wonder- they can do bedliners in different colors- can they do Kubota orange, or something close? That would look good, be utilitarian, and hold up. Or, better yet, Kubota should do this at the factory, instead of selling an expensive, new tractor with a deck that will wear and rust.

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Carl k,

It was a package deal with the foot plates (totally encapsulated), steering arm cover(totally encapsulated), battery box(totally encapsulated) and the 2 fenders(fully coated underneath and 2/3 on the backside. Cost around $300 for all. Line-X is charged by the click of the meter, so depending on how thick they apply it, will depend on the price.

Don't see it wearing off any time soon. I had it all sandblasted prior which is the best for adhesion.

Carl k

Equipment
L3800DT
Jun 3, 2012
Rice, Virginia
Thanks phildac. That figure sounds reasonable for all that you had coated. I was checking out Line-X on the net. Seems its all in the prep work. Good adhesion depends on good sanding, or in this case good sand blasting. Thanks very much for the info. Can't wait to see the completed project.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Nice pics! I am thinking very seriously about getting the floorboard of my L3800 linex'ed when I get it.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
@Phil, Nice job! Now that my 8200 is semi retired maybe she will see some new paint too. Mines old fenders are so ate up its going to take more than line x .lol Those R4's look great but isn't yours a 2 wheel drive?

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
bandaidmd,

Yes, it is a 2WD but I was able to find the tire cheap and they have a good load rating since they are skid steer tires. I also liked that they match the rear R-4's.

Ole-Grrumpy

Nov 24, 2012
Goderich On.Canada
Great Job---- l wish l had sprayed my fender before they disintegrated if l can find replacements they will be sprayed. How do you keep the shine on that fine paint job. The last Kubota l had was stripped and sprayed with original Kubota paint at a body shop, looked sweet with the tinted glass in the cab but after a year the paint faded. l would like to change to R4's but would have to change rims and l really can't complain about the turf tires. Keep up the good work.:) Wayne

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Awesome transformation. You made that tractor look great!

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
You did a great job on the tractor! What size tires did you go with front and rear? Jim

Thanks all for the compliments.

Jimsrx7 the tire and wheel sizes are as follows...

Front = 12x7 wheel / 23x8.5x12 tire
Rear = 16x10 wheel / 12.4x16 tire

Thanks,
Phil

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Wow! You did such a nice job. Your tractor reminds me of my old B7200 which I just sold.