Radio hook up

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
Hello all

I have the Grand Ultra Cab on my M5040 and my son gave me his old car stereo to put in her. (old in his standards, like two years in mine)
My question is.......my local dealership says the wiring plug I see behind the pop out panel is made to fit "thier" supplied (when purchased) stereo.
So
Where can I find an adapter to plug from Kubota's propriotary plug to a standard radio wiring harness?
I mean, I can decypher the wiring if I really have to but it sure would be nice
to just plug in the proper stuff.
I hate chancing the reversing of the speaker polarity and stuff like that.

Power is easy with a volt meter.

Any thoughts?

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
Ok, I think most do what I will have to do, that is to hand wire it in.

My son found a link to a great home tutorial on installing a radio and
what wires do what. I assume Kubota used the same wiring in all of
thier Ultra Grand Cabs...?

http://tijec.smugmug.com/gallery/1163942#54339446_jaYdS

This guy has the wires as follows:

Pink-----Battery
Blue-----Accessory
Black----Ground
White----Left Speaker Positive
White/Black---Left Speaker Negative
Yellow----Right Speaker Positive
Yellow/Black---Right Speaker Negative

For any of those planning on doing the same project in the
future. ;-)

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
Update

Got it all hooked in and it works as the wiring is shown.
The only thing I got backwords was the acc (blue) and the battery (pink).
You must make sure the acc wire is the one that turns on and off with the key. If you dont, you will lose all the memory in your channel presets.

Enjoy

Kinque

Aug 24, 2012
Alaska
Hello all

I have the Grand Ultra Cab on my M5040 and my son gave me his old car stereo to put in her. (old in his standards, like two years in mine)
My question is.......my local dealership says the wiring plug I see behind the pop out panel is made to fit "thier" supplied (when purchased) stereo.
So
Where can I find an adapter to plug from Kubota's propriotary plug to a standard radio wiring harness?
I mean, I can decypher the wiring if I car navigation system really have to but it sure would be nice
to just plug in the proper stuff.
I hate chancing the reversing of the speaker polarity and stuff like that.

Power is easy with a volt meter.

Any thoughts?
Hello I know the thread is old but I do face this problem. Can somebody give permanent solution

Last edited:

Nemesis

Nov 11, 2015
Anoka MN
If the wire colors on your tractor do not match what is listed above, its pretty easy to figure out. You just need a DC volt meter and a small battery. You can use a 12v light bulb as your meter.

The black wire is almost certainly ground.

Connect the dc volt meter negative probe to the black wire then check each remaining wire using the positive probe looking for the wire that shows 12 volts. That will be the always on positive wire. Make note of its color.

Set the tractor key to the accessory position. With the negative probe attached to the black wire, check the remaining wire using the positive probe looking for the one that shows 12 volts. That will be the accessory wire. Make note of its color.

The remaining 4 wires are the speaker wires. You can use a 1.5 volt AA battery to figure out the matching pairs and which wires are positive and negative. There are only 8 combinations to try.

The process involves holding a wire to the positive side of the battery and another wire to the negative side. Listen to see if a speaker clicks. If one does you just found the wires to that speaker. Make note of which side of the tractor the speaker is as you face forward. You can figure out which wire is positive and negative for that speaker by watching the speaker move. If the speaker moves forward the wire touching the positive pole on the battery is the positive wire. If the speaker moves back the wire touching the negative pole on the battery is the positive wire for that speaker.

Note: You may need to point a bright light at the speaker to see it through the grill, do NOT attempt to remove the speaker grill, the screws have nuts that will fall off and you won't get them back on without removing the roof of the tractor.