Radiator hose size?

fikey

Aug 12, 2017
Naples, Idaho
After exploring my options, I have decided that the easiest way to add "insurance" to cold starts this winter is a lower radiator hose heater (basically the same idea as a block heater, though a little easier to install). I have searched the net and visited my local dealer to determine the diameter of the lower hose on my L5030HST. Nothing. They do not stock one and the parts and service guys have no idea, and worse, no idea for me to determine the diameter, other than cut it and see. There has GOT to be a way.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Rather than cut it, remove it. Then take it to the parts guy. Looks like part number
T1170-16140. Specs from the interwebs - Lower Radiator Hose, Inside Diameter : 1 3/8"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
I live in a remote area and things are not readily stocked. I cannot have my tractor down while they order the part. I use the tractor to feed and blow snow. Got to be a way!
take it off, take it in. They order the part. You put the hose back on and use your tractor until it comes in…. Just a bit more effort to be perfectly accurate.
Or, use the info he gave you from the specs! You also might want to get a WSM for the tractor…

cheers!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What I did when I wanted to place a thermostat in the UPPER hose, I went ahead and ordered a new hose!!!

I figured that getting a 30 year old hose off without F#@##@#@ it up was gonna be rare.

I measured about 12 times before cutting the new hose however!!!

I too see 1 3/8" as the ID

WIth a new hose you can cut it - place the heating unit in it and then drop it right in - if things go as they should - you'll be finished under and hour.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
What I did when I wanted to place a thermostat in the UPPER hose, I went ahead and ordered a new hose!!!

I figured that getting a 30 year old hose off without F#@##@#@ it up was gonna be rare.

I measured about 12 times before cutting the new hose however!!!

I too see 1 3/8" as the ID

WIth a new hose you can cut it - place the heating unit in it and then drop it right in - if things go as they should - you'll be finished under and hour.
+1 (y)

And if you do get it off successfully, the hoader in me, would save it as a 'spare'......just in case.:sneaky:

fikey

Aug 12, 2017
Naples, Idaho
Actually figured it out. I called Kubota and found dealers that stocked the hose and asked them to measure it. Turns out to be 1 1/4". :)

Reactions: 1 user