R4 vs Turf Tire

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
My current bx24 has industrial tires. Never had much trouble with them other than summer work I notice they leave considerable traction marks in the lawn (not shredding the lawn just really compressing the lawn) and some snow plowing I could have used chains i think would have helped

Here's my question. I'm getti g a new bx25d and figured I'd try turf tires this time around. I have an extra set of almost new R4 tires & wheels so was thinking of getting the extra R4s filled (rim guard) and swapping them on when I've got heavier work to do.

Thoughts on turf tires for anything other than light duty work? I guess I'm fortunate to have R4s to swap into but I'm not too keen on having to swap constantly. Looking for some impressions on turf tires and their limits. Thanks

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I used turfs for years, and just switched to ags. The turfs worked great for most anything except mud. For grass, and especially for snow- lots of biting edges do well. And, chains work better on turfs. I work in the garden a lot and in the woods, so ags are better for me.
If you have an extra set of R4's, go for the turfs- then you will have your bases covered. If your hours are spent on grass, you will be more pleased with the turfs.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Sounds like justification for buying that shiny new air compressor and an impact wrench!

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Sounds like justification for buying that shiny new air compressor and an impact wrench!
I soundly agree... I'm up for any reason for buying new tools !!! :D