Quick hitch. What's compatible?

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
Can somebody tell me if the kubota ballast box is compatible with a quick hitch? Is there a difference in quick hitches? The land pride one is $600 while I can get one from Peavy Mart for $199.00

Thanks,
Glenn

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some of the ballast boxes are compatible some are not, just look at all three connection points, if you can slide a hook up from the bottom and attach to the pins it's compatible.

The only real difference between all the Quick hitches is the quality of the metal and the quality of the welds. Most people will not ever run there tractor hard enough to ever notice a difference. I have a cheap Quick hitch and it works perfectly, so I was able to spend the extra $$ saved on other things. ;)

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Their current model is not, and I thought this might be addresses when Kubota entered their agreement with Land Pride. I've wanted a weight box on and off for a few years, and looked at this quite a bit. I came to the conclusion that, if and when I buy one, I will get the JD green designed for the I-Match, and a few cans of Kubota Orange. Maybe a decal or two, but it's just not worth (to me!) modifying the Kub unit to fit

Sacrilege I know, but there it is ...

Addendum ..

There is quite a a bit of difference in the QH models. I don't know if Deere still makes the fixed hook version of the I-Match, but after using the Land Pride for a good number of years, never altering the position of the top hook, and losing more than a few clevis pins because that small hair pin gets knocked out in use, and finally switching to 1/2-20 bolts, which carry their own issues of imperfect application, that is the way I would go. If Deere now only makes the adjustable hook version like the Land pride, I'd get the LP.
Although, if you're talking about CAT 2 and up, you have other fixed hook options.

Sorry, forgot this one ..

BEFCO makes a CAT 1 or 2 Quick Hitch with a fixed hook. Nice ..

http://www.wikco.com/bquickhitch.html

Last edited:

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Can somebody tell me if the kubota ballast box is compatible with a quick hitch? Is there a difference in quick hitches? The land pride one is $600 while I can get one from Peavy Mart for $199.00

Thanks,
Glenn
Gepm64'

Well, this is one of those movies with different plots and different results. One plot is..."I wAnt a free or cheap quick hitch. Next is the plot: "I'll spend a little more, make it easy for my wife and myself for the future."

If you want to pursue plot number two, look up, Pat's quick hitch and Hodge's arm adjusters. Hodge is on this site. Pat's quick hitch is on you tube as well as their site.

We used plot number two. My wife hooks up all our 3 point equipment by herself now. I can hook up all our stuff by myself. No more San Angelo bar, 3 lb. hammers, NAVY language, sweating...just back up raise the 3pt lock the clips raise and go do.what needs to get done.

To,each his own. You do get what you pay for. Read some other results here on OTT.

Burt