Quick Hitch Solutions

tblaney

Equipment
2021 L4060HST Grand
Mar 1, 2021
WI
Being new to tractors, I didn't realize that 3 point implements were not all Quick Hitch compatible. So far none of the implements I purchased are compatible. I have a QH 10 from Land pride, the implements I have are a terraform 72" tiller form EA and a finish mower from EA.
- the tiller has a bolt below the the upper 3 point attachment that prevented it from being able to be used. I moved the bolt further back to all the hitch to partially attach. the QH upper attachment is not adjustable, so it really doesn't align.
- the finish mower has a bracket on a pivot on the upper bracket. I believe it is designed this way to allow the mower to stay on the ground. The problem is the this bracket doesn't align at all with the upper hook of the QH.

Do other people have these problems? Would I have better luck with the QH15 with the adjustable upper hook? Are there adapters or modifications to help with this problem that people have had luck with?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The adjustable top link is definitely nice. Another option is Pat's Easy Change if some of your implements are not quick hitch compatible.

Reactions: 1 user

tblaney

Equipment
2021 L4060HST Grand
Mar 1, 2021
WI
Great, just what I was looking for. Just ordered.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
The Pat's Easy Change will lengthen the lift arms about 3-1/2 inches so you may need to purchase a longer top link to make everything work. I bought a longer one from Tractor Supply when I put the Pat's kit on my B7500.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The Pat's Easy Change will lengthen the lift arms about 3-1/2 inches so you may need to purchase a longer top link to make everything work. I bought a longer one from Tractor Supply when I put the Pat's kit on my B7500.
That applies for rear PTO shafts as well.

Morley

Equipment
LX2610, LA535 loader, Kodiak 5" Rotary Mower,
Apr 22, 2021
Alberta, Canada
Great, just what I was looking for. Just ordered.
Where did you order from ? I ordered one through Amazon over a week ago and still have not heard from Amazon that it is being shipped. No indication where they order it from either.

tblaney

Equipment
2021 L4060HST Grand
Mar 1, 2021
WI
Where did you order from ? I ordered one through Amazon over a week ago and still have not heard from Amazon that it is being shipped. No indication where they order it from either.
unfortunately, from amazon. Seller is TradeGear. the site is saying it will be delivered on friday. we will see.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Harbor Freight sells the same generic quick hitch you often see on amazon. Its around $100, and has adjustable top hook.

The adjustable top hook in my experience is critical. I routinely have to adjust mine on my QH15.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
That applies for rear PTO shafts as well.
It certainly could but that depends on the attachment and manufacturer. I was fortunate that the shafts on both of my PTO powered attachments were long enough.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Do other people have these problems? Would I have better luck with the QH15 with the adjustable upper hook? Are there adapters or modifications to help with this problem that people have had luck with?

Trackerjoe

Equipment
B2650
Oct 31, 2018
Spokane, WA
Pat's easy change was the best solution for me. I had the same issue that you do. It adds 3-1/2 in to the 3 Point, but so does your existing quick hitch. I think you'll love it.

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Harbor Freight sells the same generic quick hitch you often see on amazon. Its around $100, and has adjustable top hook.

The adjustable top hook in my experience is critical. I routinely have to adjust mine on my QH15.
Just a heads up it is not quite the same, the hook to catch top pin is closer to the quick hitch frame on the HF version which causes issues with most attachments as the bolts on adjustable top link of HF interferes with frame on the attachments. I know this because I owned one and had to buy a new top hook which was like $40. Next time I’m going to just spend a little more and get the titan attachments quick hitch that is similar to Hf one only has top hook that sticks out further and correct size bottom pins (bottom pins on HF one are some oddball metric size so slightly small for 3pt arms).