Quick Hitch Selection for L2501

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
To follow up, today I went from Land Pride box blade to King Kutter carry-all to Land Pride finish mower with the Pats with ease. Owning both I can say there is an initial learning curve with the Pats as there is with the QH15 but I just don't ever see myself going back to a QH15 type quick hitch. And as mentioned before you will have to adjust the top link hook on the QH15 for some Landpride implements even if the implements are quick hitch compatible to get the lower pins to sit flush when you hook up which means get out the BIG WRENCH. Kind of a pain, takes a little time to adjust the QH15 top hook and I would have had to do that today had I been using my QH15. And not even sure if the QH15 will work with my carry-all as I built it on a King Kutter carry-all frame. Might work but not sure as my QH15 has been gathering dust for some time. Nice knowing the Pat's is "plug and play" with any mfg's implements.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
If you get a cheap QH, recommend an extended top hook. Also mod implement so top hook adjustments are not necessary.

LP QH10 will not need lift arm bushings, has fixed top hook
SpeeCo E-hitch doesn't need lift arm bushings, adjustable top hook

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
I had been going back and forth between QH and Pat's. The price and availability on the Pat's was very temping as was the ability to use more implements which may not be QH compatible. In the end, the ability to back up to an implement and grab and go won out. My tractor was delivered last week and I called my dealer the day before he was to deliver it and added a QH to my package. All he had in stock was a QH15 and I am very pleased with it. I think I made the right choice for my situation.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I'm glad I got the QH15 quick hitch first as otherwise I probably would not have grown to appreciate the Pat's as much as I have. I did end up buying a longer top link from Tractor Supply which was a minor expense. I store some of my implements on rolling dollies to save space in my barn. Having the implements raised off the ground to begin with makes a slightly longer top link easier to connect but for the most part I still use the stock top link for bush hog, tiller, box blade, finish mower, and disc harrow. The only thing you have to tweak a bit is when you first install the Pat's there is some "play" for lack of a better description in the angle that the Pat's angles off the lower link arms. A little trial and error and once set properly they have been good to go.

Other than working with any brand implement the biggest benefit for me was the Pat's gave me sooooo much better access to the PTO where as the boxed frame of the QH15 made it awkward hooking up the pto. Had to hold weight at an awkward uncomfortable angle bent over from a further distance out. For those of ya'll with healthy strong backs it may be a non issue but the Pat's allows me to position myself closer to the pto in a stronger position to begin with to manipulate and connect to the pto.
I guess I just change attachments too much to appreciate the Pats setup. To me it is a perfect HALF solution. You are still messing with all three links.

With my QH I can drop and pick any one of my attachments (over 10 now) at just about any angle from my seat without ever getting off the tractor. Pats is much better than stock, but a long way off from the QH it ia a great 1/2 solution.

The PTO has never been an issue for me but I do it a lot.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Well...........the Pat's is a "half solution" that works TWICE as good for me as my QH15. I don't have the back of a young man anymore and the ease with which I can connect to the pto with the Pat's is night and day better due to better access to the pto. First time I used the Pat's I was able to position my body in a much stronger position to begin with as I wasn't being blocked out by the frame of the QH15. Put a big smile on my face. I guess though you have to have a less than stellar back to appreciate this benefit when it comes to connecting pto driven implements. The Pat's simply allows you to get closer to the pto and position your body better prior to connecting and my back started thanking me the day I took the QH15 off my tractor. It's not about one's experience connecting pto driven implements, its simply that the Pat's allows you to position yourself with MUCH LESS strain on your body when connecting to the pto.

I bought the QH15 as I thought it would be a "back up connect solution" as some mention but it wasn't. Had to adjust the top link hook on my QH15 to be able to use it even among my Landride quick hitch compatible implements which negated any time savings. Hop off tractor, get BIG WRENCH, adjust top hook which takes time. Switch back to the implement you just took off.........rinse and and repeat in the opposite direction with the QH15 top hook. More of a hassle IMO than simply having to hop off tractor and connect top link with the Pat's which is effortless. The QH15 is not just a back up and connect without getting off the tractor solution. You get to where you can change implements very quickly with the Pat's......even off branded implements. So simple.

I was unsure of the Pat's but it wasn't that expensive so I thought I'd give it a shot. My QH15 has been gathering dust since!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
It's worth mentioning the frame of the QH15 is substantially bulkier than QH10 when I saw them side by side. I have no issues connecting PTO shafts with QH10, there is plenty of room to do it either before or after the implement is connected. QH10 may afford more room over QH15 and no bushings. The two implements I had to "make" QH compatible, an adjustable top hook would not have made a difference. Rake, Box blade, leaf blower, flail mower, bush hog, stump grinder, and compaction roller, are all were ok with QH10's stationary position.

If someone has back pain, it could be more reason for QH because, except for PTO, you don't have to get off the seat to pick up or drop off. Either way you are bending over to attach the shaft.

Last edited:

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Love my QH10 with all my land pride implements. No need for anything other than drop and go to the next implement..... my dealer is the best, and searching for better and cheaper is what it is.... no need for anything other than Land Pride products....in my opinion. Kubota products with their QH...is the only way to go. No regrets here. Worth the money to avoid frustration.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
It's worth mentioning the frame of the QH15 is substantially bulkier than QH10 when I saw them side by side. I have no issues connecting PTO shafts with QH10, there is plenty of room to do it either before or after the implement is connected. QH10 may afford more room over QH15 and no bushings. The two implements I had to "make" QH compatible, an adjustable top hook would not have made a difference. Rake, Box blade, leaf blower, flail mower, bush hog, stump grinder, and compaction roller, are all were ok with QH10's stationary position.

If someone has back pain, it could be more reason for QH because, except for PTO, you don't have to get off the seat to pick up or drop off. Either way you are bending over to attach the shaft.
Maybe I should have bought the QH10 instead of the QH15. Unless my Pat's breaks my QH15 has a permanent resting spot up against my barn wall and ALL of my implements except for my carry-all are Land Pride quick hitch compatible but I still prefer the Pat's hands down.

My initial reason for buying the Pat's was to make connecting to the PTO easier which it is in spades over the QH15 but ironically have found that there is little to no time savings in connecting implements due to having to adjust the top hook on the QH15 to fit properly from one Landpride quick hitch compatible implement to the next Landpride quick hitch compatible implement. I keep hearing just back up and connect from the tractor seat but that was not the case at all in my experience thanks to having to adjust the top hook on the QH15 from one LP implement to the next.

Love my Pats, but still say "hello" in a friendly voice to my QH15 as I walk past it in the barn and will leave it at that!

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Maybe I should have bought the QH10 instead of the QH15. Unless my Pat's breaks my QH15 has a permanent resting spot up against my barn wall and ALL of my implements except for my carry-all are Land Pride quick hitch compatible but I still prefer the Pat's hands down.

My initial reason for buying the Pat's was to make connecting to the PTO easier which it is in spades over the QH15 but ironically have found that there is little to no time savings in connecting implements due to having to adjust the top hook on the QH15 to fit properly from one Landpride quick hitch compatible implement to the next Landpride quick hitch compatible implement. I keep hearing just back up and connect from the tractor seat but that was not the case at all in my experience thanks to having to adjust the top hook on the QH15 from one LP implement to the next.

Love my Pats, but still say "hello" in a friendly voice to my QH15 as I walk past it in the barn and will leave it at that!
I see your issue.

You NEVER adjust the QH to the implement.

You adjust the implement to the QH. You do/fab what it takes to make the implement compatible one time.

Then NEVER again do you need to leave the seat to drop/pick any implement.

With the amount I change attachments my back would be taxed a lot more with the pats setup.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I guess I just change attachments too much to appreciate the Pats setup. To me it is a perfect HALF solution. You are still messing with all three links.

The PTO has never been an issue for me but I do it a lot.
I don't see myself changing from a QH in the near future. Sometimes I'm dropping/swapping implements several times an hour. I can reach the lock levers in motion, so don't have to get off the tractor.

I don't have to connect a PTO, but could see where it could be a hassle like TomRC says.

It's quite congested back there on my little BX.

Jester67

Jun 6, 2020
USA
Well...........the Pat's is a "half solution" that works TWICE as good for me as my QH15. I don't have the back of a young man anymore and the ease with which I can connect to the pto with the Pat's is night and day better due to better access to the pto. First time I used the Pat's I was able to position my body in a much stronger position to begin with as I wasn't being blocked out by the frame of the QH15. Put a big smile on my face. I guess though you have to have a less than stellar back to appreciate this benefit when it comes to connecting pto driven implements. The Pat's simply allows you to get closer to the pto and position your body better prior to connecting and my back started thanking me the day I took the QH15 off my tractor. It's not about one's experience connecting pto driven implements, its simply that the Pat's allows you to position yourself with MUCH LESS strain on your body when connecting to the pto.

I bought the QH15 as I thought it would be a "back up connect solution" as some mention but it wasn't. Had to adjust the top link hook on my QH15 to be able to use it even among my Landride quick hitch compatible implements which negated any time savings. Hop off tractor, get BIG WRENCH, adjust top hook which takes time. Switch back to the implement you just took off.........rinse and and repeat in the opposite direction with the QH15 top hook. More of a hassle IMO than simply having to hop off tractor and connect top link with the Pat's which is effortless. The QH15 is not just a back up and connect without getting off the tractor solution. You get to where you can change implements very quickly with the Pat's......even off branded implements. So simple.

I was unsure of the Pat's but it wasn't that expensive so I thought I'd give it a shot. My QH15 has been gathering dust since!
I went with Pat's for most of the same reasons and have been happy with the choice.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
QH05 but I have a smaller bx2380 -and- garage space is extremely limited, otherwise would've gone next size up.