Quick connect fittings pressurized

Rideon

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501, BH77, LA525.
May 24, 2019
SC. USA
I was trying to connect my grapple quick connect fittings to my tractor, and they would not connect. I ended up removing one quick connect fitting from the grapple. It was pressurized. Do you think this was a result of me disconnecting them while the tractor was running the last time I used the grapple? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The easiest way to connect them is to shut the tractor off and you can move the control back and forth several times to relieve the pressure. They do make a tool to push the ball on the coupling in enough to relieve the pressure. Every time you use it you will lose a little fluid.

Superjoe83

Equipment
L3901HST
Dec 31, 2019
Oregon City, Oregon
If its a sunny day and the lines are exposed, it will cause pressure to build in the lines from fluid expansion and make it difficult to connect, or it may have been caused by disconnecting while running/pressure in the lines

Rideon

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 24, 2019
SC. USA
What is the tool called and where can I get it?

Thanks.

Rideon

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 24, 2019
SC. USA
I need a tool to depressurize the female quick connect. That's the fitting that was pressurized on my grapple. Do they make a tool that will press the ball in the female fitting?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I need a tool to depressurize the female quick connect. That's the fitting that was pressurized on my grapple. Do they make a tool that will press the ball in the female fitting?
Yea it's called a rag and a board! ;)

Rideon

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 24, 2019
SC. USA
Hey BigG, maybe I need to purchase some couplers like the ones in the video. The check ball in my female coupler would not budge when I tried that. Finally had to use 2 wrenches to loosen the coupler from the hose to relieve pressure. My grapple has 2 female couplers and the FEL has 2 males on it.

Thanks for the help.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
In the OP you said you unhooked it with the tractor on, seems it would have been very difficult to have removed the hoses with pressure on them.

What works for me is to position my loader would be same for grapple where I want it, shut off tractor, move joystick around up down and side to side then remove connections. This has always work no problems when reconnecting back to the connections.

Have a great day.

Jay

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I've put a ball valve on one of the grapple hoses (lower cylinder hose) right at the quick coupler to eliminate that line having pressure in it for connecting. that way i can leave the grapple open, close the valve and disconnect. I'd like to get a 'Parker 9500-4' coupler block for the loader, it's a break away style bracket with shut off valves built on. could make it up easy enough i suppose. We have that style on a snowmobile trail groomer and it makes connecting 8 hoses quick and easy, machine can stay running.

Apr 7, 2020
US
I guess if you want another commercially available tool where a block of wood and a 10 penny nail works as well, go for it. Me, I'll stick with free [emoji16]

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk