Quick Connect fittings for new EA Wicked grapple.

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
Just picked up my new EA Wicked grapple and need to purchase another set of quick connect fittings for the 3rd function. There's many videos on the trouble people having difficulty attaching/disconnecting quick connect fittings due to pressure in the lines (for what ever reason.) I've seen tools to help release the pressure in the lines before connecting them. I came across a set of fittings that is advertised on Summit Hydraulics web site that alleviate the problems associated with pressure in the lines, I don't recall anyone ever mentioning these, has anyone tried them?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I have seen them mentioned quite a few times. The FF were what I was going to replace my Pioneer/ Ag fittings with on the tractor so I could use a neighbors grapple. When I saw the price and realized I would have to buy 2 sets and then another set for any attachment going forward....I opted for the $17 Pioneers. Never had an issue with them. Hit both buttons at the same time for the 3rd function and it equalizes the pressure.
Oh, congrats on the new toy! How long was the wait? Mine was 4 months.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
WHy dont you shut the machine off with the bucket in the air , then lower the . bucket to bleed off any pressure . Ive been around tractors for 40 + years & have never even heard of these . Guess I'm living under a bridge .
YMMV
animals45

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I have the plain Summit 3/8" FF couplers on my EA grapple and have never had an issue connecting or disconnecting them. That said however I store my stuff indoors and have not had the issue of sunlight heating up the lines and building pressure on the Grapple side. I can't imagine the ones you have the link would work any worse and probably better if the grapple were in the sun.

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
WHy dont you shut the machine off with the bucket in the air , then lower the . bucket to bleed off any pressure . Ive been around tractors for 40 + years & have never even heard of these . Guess I'm living under a bridge .
YMMV
animals45
I didn't mention that I was having problems nor do I feel that there would be but many others have and if you haven't heard of it then you haven't spent much time watching any YouTube videos.

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I have the plain Summit 3/8" FF couplers on my EA grapple and have never had an issue connecting or disconnecting them. That said however I store my stuff indoors and have not had the issue of sunlight heating up the lines and building pressure on the Grapple side. I can't imagine the ones you have the link would work any worse and probably better if the grapple were in the sun.
My impression then is that for the most part, it's not an issue. I was thinking that if I had to purchase a set of connectors why not spend a few extra dollars for them. There are companies that sell tools to relieve the pressure so there must be enough people having problems to justify them selling the tool.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All my equipment has flat face couplers, love them.
I can keep things much cleaner.
And bonus, when I park equipment I couple the two lines together, keeps them clean and ready to go and there is never an issue from pressure build up. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
And bonus, when I park equipment I couple the two lines together, keeps them clean and ready to go and there is never an issue from pressure build up. ;)
Thanks for the reply, this is my first tractor/grapple and after watching numerous videos posted by well known YouTube channels on this issue, since I must purchase connectors anyway, why not purchase a type that claim they eliminate any pressure problems.

Reactions: 1 user

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I have seen them mentioned quite a few times. The FF were what I was going to replace my Pioneer/ Ag fittings with on the tractor so I could use a neighbors grapple. When I saw the price and realized I would have to buy 2 sets and then another set for any attachment going forward....I opted for the $17 Pioneers. Never had an issue with them. Hit both buttons at the same time for the 3rd function and it equalizes the pressure.
Oh, congrats on the new toy! How long was the wait? Mine was 4 months.
Thanks for the reply, I ordered the grapple late November, they shipped it February 6th.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Unfortunately that ship sailed and sank long ago for me. I'm so heavily invested in Pioneer fittings that there's no going back. Three sets of rear remotes and 3rd functions on both tractors, with matching fittings on the rear mounted snow blower, front snow blade, Del Morino flail, EA grapple, two top link cylinders, two lift arm link cylinders, two turnover plows, FEL mounted auger and a disc harrow is my idea of "invested".

I don't have any problems connecting/disconnecting hoses, but keeping things clean is always a plus. Given how invested I am in Pioneer fittings I don't ever see a change to flat faced couplers.