quick attach buckets

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
To me that would only happen if you out the tractor bucket on the heavier skidsteer and tried to push the front of the heavier machine up or backdragging with it WHILE the pins were not engaging the correct area. Its an oopsie but an easy repair/upgrade to fix, all things considered.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
i did and curled the bucket back it split the slot out on the bottom of the bucket.
When the bucket is latched and you curl the bucket back there is no load on those pins.

You must have had the bucket on the ground with the pins engaged and did a dump function with the bucket while driving backwards. That's an operator problem.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Jay, Sir: The SS65 has twice the weight of the L3560. Nearly twice the HP.

So....you're saying my friend shouldn't be hauling his 24' boat behind his Freightliner ?
Another friend used a full sized excavator to lift off 6 bottle caps from 6 beers at one time, hmmm too much weight and power ??

Providing the skilled operator knows his machine,it's limits and the materials he's moving NO damage should have been done to the bucket.

I'm curious, like others ,that want to know WHAT material was in the bucket and WHAT operation was being done at the time.

Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
That damage can only come from pushing DOWN on something so material in the bucket wouldnt have mattered. The pins dont do anything to support weight in the bucket, that would just make the bucket sit harder against the ssqa plates and pull down harder on the top rail.

Reactions: 1 users

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
UPDATE- KUBOTA’s DIRTY LITTLE SECRET THAT THEY DONT TELL YOU! Kubota tractor buckets are NOT interchangeable with a Kubota skid loader! You can attach them but the side bar is 2” thicker on the side of the quick attach on a tractor ten a skid loader bucket! So when you attach the bucket to a skid loader and curl the bucket (empty or full) the edge rolls back onto the lift arms and forces the bottom of the bucket to split the slots out! You can go from skid loader to tractor with a bucket but you can not go from a tractor bucket to a skid loader. I got this from the dealer who said he split two out before they knew. On the attached pictures you can seen the vertical bar that is scratched from rubbing on the skid steer loader arms and forcing the bucket to split out!

Attachments

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.

So....you're saying my friend shouldn't be hauling his 24' boat behind his Freightliner ?
Another friend used a full sized excavator to lift off 6 bottle caps from 6 beers at one time, hmmm too much weight and power ??

Providing the skilled operator knows his machine,it's limits and the materials he's moving NO damage should have been done to the bucket.

I'm curious, like others ,that want to know WHAT material was in the bucket and WHAT operation was being done at the time.

empty

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
Ouch. Thank you for posting. I'll keep an eye out for this. Hoping they'll make it right for you.
PDATE- KUBOTA’s DIRTY LITTLE SECRET THAT THEY DONT TELL YOU! Kubota tractor buckets are NOT interchangeable with a Kubota skid loader! You can attach them but the side bar is 2” thicker on the side of the quick attach on a tractor ten a skid loader bucket! So when you attach the bucket to a skid loader and curl the bucket (empty or full) the edge rolls back onto the lift arms and forces the bottom of the bucket to split the slots out! You can go from skid loader to tractor with a bucket but you can not go from a tractor bucket to a skid loader. I got this from the dealer who said he split two out before they knew. On the attached pictures you can seen the vertical bar that is scratched from rubbing on the skid steer loader arms and forcing the bucket to split out!

Attachments

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
That type of damage doesn't happen just by putting the bucket onto the machine. It happened after the bucket was installed, and I will bet that the damaged bucket wasn't intended for the machine that it was installed on, and the machine it was installed on has a lot more horsepower than the machine that the bucket came off of. If you were backdraging with down pressure that would account for the damage. The larger the machine the heavier gauge of steel the bucket is made of. Heck, someone could mount a BX bucket on another machine such as a B tractor, and damage that bucket because it wasn't designed for the B tractor.
It is like the kid that builds a 500 HP engine and installs it into the car only to blow up the rear differential. The differential was built for the 360 horsepower engine, and it couldn't stand up to the 500 horsepower engine. With cars and tractors, everything must be matched to work together otherwise damage occurs.
The bucket was empty, and the tractor that the bucket came off of has a rated lifting capacity of almost 1800# verses the 1950# on the skid loader so they are very close in ability. Turns out Kubota tractor buckets are designed differently than the buckets on their skid loaders. Tractor buckets have 4” bar running from top to bottom that hits on a skid loaders lift arms when the bucket is curled. Skid loader bucket's only have a 2” bar running vertical so they do not interfere with the bucket when curling. Kubota dealer has confirmed their tractor buckets can not be used on their skid loaders without being modified!

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Interesting... who woulda thunk a skidsteer and compact tractor aren't the same machine. 🤦‍♂️

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
It'd work GREAT for me....if you added rubber on the bottom, all my 'white' has come down as RAIN !!!
A huge squeegee !!! Love it !!

• Haha

Alfred_2345

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SGC1060, RZ60, Box Blade, Z726XKW ZTM, RTV-X900
Jan 5, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
hmm.. so much for the SSQA everything fits everything 'standard'......
Depends on the definition of "standard" and what the standard covers. The bucket did "fit" on the coupling mechanism.

See my post the other thread. The "standard" only seems to cover the attachment plate.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Hmm. best be called an 'interference fit' ?
Agree 'standard' has lost it's meaning with most things today....
Instead of 'black and white' we now have 50-60,100 shades of grey..or gray .or close enoughs.
The problem with that is it's become acceptable or normal today

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
would really like to see pictures of the tractor bucket on the skidsteer to see the problem.
At the cabin for a week, when I get back I will take a picture. It turns out it is a problem that Kubota is aware of but did not change the design of the bucket. The strip iof steel running from top to bottom where you attach is 2” taller on a tractor bucket then a skid loader bucket and hits on the SS boom when you curl the bucket after attaching it. You can attach the bucket securely but you can not roll it. Note in the pictures where it rubbed on the loader arms. After my first post I went to my dealer and he said they broke two out before realizing the problem.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
hmm, I had to find a picture of the skidsteer to SEE that the 'loader arms' are outside of the 'SSQA' attachment points. At least that's what it looks like to me.
On my BX23s , the SSQA is in FRONT of the loader arms,so there's no 'interference'.

If those vertical pieces on the bucket were say 5" towards the outsides of the buckets you'd have been fine ??

One of those 'have to be there in person to SEE how it works' deals.....

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
If those vertical pieces on the bucket were say 5" towards the outsides of the buckets you'd have been fine ??
No, if they were not as deep- he would have been fine. The only reason they're as deep as they are is to help tractor owners line up their loader with the bucket while attaching. Trimming off the flanges as shown would have worked-
2024-01-01 21_24_22-Clipboard (Medium).png