Questions for B26 owners

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
Hi, I have a B26 that is now one year old and I cant count all the things I have done with it. Its my first tractor and this thing is just amazing. Before the 1 year warranty ended my dealer did a free inspection to make sure everything was ok. They fixed a minor coolant leak and adjusted the HST pedal as the tractor started to creep on its own.

1- When they adjusted the pedal the tech loosened a bolt and made the fine tuning by turning what looked like a cam with a flat screw driver. Doing so he was able to physically move the pedal back and forward until we found a spot where the wheels where not moving at all. But it didn't last very long one week later its still creeping and more than before. Anyone experienced this on a B26? My opinion on this is there is a problem with the linkage and that should be fixed and he should not have moved the adjustment bolt.

2- Second question when I turn my seat from the backhoe position to the driving position the corner of the seat rub against the speed selector arm when its in low gear. The seat is all the way back but it still rub hard enough that on a couple times the tractor was put to neutral. I had to make a mad rush for the brake pedal because the tractor was rolling on its own, not a good feeling. The tech was not able to fix it on site but he was supposed to check other B26 in the lot to see if its was common on this model. Can any B26 owner tell me if their seat rub the gear selector when its in LOW.

Thanks for the input guys

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The HST linkage does not effect "creep", only the center cam does that.

Sounds like they did the adjustment right, it's just that they didn't tighten it down properly when they were done, so it's moved and has gotten worse.

As for the seat, have you tried raising the seat with the adjustment knob on the front?

sylwoody

Equipment
B26, L45
May 12, 2013
Talladega,Al USA
my B26 seat does not rub the lever however it did rub the wire going to the switch but nothing a wire tie couldn't fix. I've never had a problem with it creeping but I do make it a point to put the bucket down if possible.

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
Tech came back yesterday and readjusted the cam. Time will tell if it will last this time. I will take a look at the seat height setting this week-end and see what can be done. The dealer checked another B26 on their lot and told me seat was rubbing on it too and told me its normal. I really don't think its normal but I will fix it myself then. I will remove the four bolts that hold the seat to the tractor and oval them a little so I get the clearance needed.

Thanks for the input guys