Question for u sheepfarmer

dwelling21

Equipment
l3560, land pride rta1258 tiller, ea wicked root single lid grapple
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
Hi sheepfarmer, u have been so helpful with questions on regens, i thought maybe u could help clarify something for me. I have the l3560, like u do. I have the hst and i understand the rpm being raised to satisfy the requirement, but what do u mean as far as putting it in manual from auto throttle. I am expecting my first regen soon and just want to know how to do that. I read in the manual about the rpm deal, but nothing about putting it in manual...how is that done...or can it be done on the hst. Thanks so much for your help!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Dwelling, maybe manual wasn't the best word, but what I meant was toggle out of auto throttle advance by the same button to the left of the steering wheel so that the throttle rpm's are only controlled by the hand throttle lever on your right, and not by the foot pedal too.

The hand throttle seems to set a minimum rpm when in auto throttle, but I thought I read somewhere that you should set hand throttle at idle when using auto. Can't find so may not be true, but in any case you wouldn't want the rpm's up where they need to be for regen if you were in auto.

The confusing thing about the manual is it describes parked regen first, as if that's what you would start with, but not so. You want to do auto regen protocol if at all possible. Just leave your display on so you can see %full, when up to 99% make sure it is in auto regen mode and wait for the light. Check to make sure the rpm's are high enough and don't cut them back till it's done.

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
thanks for the reply sheepfarmer. I turn the auto switch on everytime i start the tractor. The dealer said to make that a good practice. i will definitely keep an eye on the % full by switching to that screen. I really appreciate the advice. i agree that the manual is a bit vague and my dealer also said that the parked regen should not be the regen option to do. I will let you know how it goes when it happens!!. thanks again so much. i hope you have a great weekend:)

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
hi sheepfarmer,
just wanted to let you know how my regen went with your advice. i had my first regen today at 1257 pm and when it got to 99%, i took it out of auto hds/stall guard so the tractor was totally manual. i cranked the rpms up all the way and i watched my screen and the regen icon came on and it said regenerating the whole time. i had already pressed the auto regen button when i turned the tractor on today. the regen ended at 1308hrs. 11 minutes. i am guessing that the higher the rpm, the faster the regen goes, but i could be wrong. i had no issues thanks to your help and wanted to say thanks. this website is such a wonderful place to go for help with many knowledgeable and experienced tractor owners helping us newbies!! thanks again and take care.