Question about after-market loader

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
Going to buy a M4030SU, with 5cyl. diesel; yr.2000. looking for a good loader, because it has none. Possibly after-market? Anything I should know?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Going to buy a M4030SU, with 5cyl. diesel; yr.2000. looking for a good loader, because it has none. Possibly after-market? Anything I should know?
DONT BUY IT!
Sorry had to throw that out there, I love Kubota, but that model is one that I don't think is a good loader fit, here are my reasons.

It's 2wd, lousy for a loader tractor, it will work you to death, both in steering control and traction.

You are going to have a heck of a time trying to find a loader to fit it.
Its a very uncommon tractor type and size. it's more popular in AU then here.

Then your going to go threw even more grief trying to find loader brackets to fit the tractor, they are not all made the same for all models, and being an SU that make it even tougher.

Your also going to run into a problem hooking up the hydraulics to the tractor, it's not an easy loader hook-up as it doesn't have a simple diverter block to connect the loader controls to it.

If you are still wanting to do it, price out and find the loader first, I think that will change your mind.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
X2 on wolfman's points. That machine was never designed to have a loader, and with 2wd is downright dangerous unless you have a good sized counterweight and loaded tires anyway. Better to get a 4wd machine with a loader. Safer and better overall solution, and will save you $ in the long run.

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
DONT BUY IT!
Sorry had to throw that out there, I love Kubota, but that model is one that I don't think is a good loader fit, here are my reasons.

It's 2wd, lousy for a loader tractor, it will work you to death, both in steering control and traction.

You are going to have a heck of a time trying to find a loader to fit it.
Its a very uncommon tractor type and size. it's more popular in AU then here.

Then your going to go threw even more grief trying to find loader brackets to fit the tractor, they are not all made the same for all models, and being an SU that make it even tougher.

Your also going to run into a problem hooking up the hydraulics to the tractor, it's not an easy loader hook-up as it doesn't have a simple diverter block to connect the loader controls to it.

If you are still wanting to do it, price out and find the loader first, I think that will change your mind.
Thank you so much ! I wish i'd waited ! ! ! This thing is like new, maybe I should sell it and look for another one. Thank you again !

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
x3 for me too!

I have an L3800 4WD and am always getting stuck in 2WD, especially when using the loader facing down any kind of slope. 4WD is an absolute must with any kind of load in the bucket. In fact, I get stuck raking my horse arena and trying to make a tight U-turn. The more weight in the front, the less in the back. -And my tires are full of water.

I think that model was intended as a plow or planter machine. Pulling, not loading.

Last edited: