Putter Geeks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK can someone please tell me why outlook express keeps stopping then restarting? I do all the updates and stuff, and yeah I know explorer aint that great but I aint no putter geek so switching over to something else is probably out of the question. So anyone of you highly educated people in here know???

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's got a bug, uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy!;)

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
OK can someone please tell me why outlook express keeps stopping then restarting? I do all the updates and stuff, and yeah I know explorer aint that great but I aint no putter geek so switching over to something else is probably out of the question. So anyone of you highly educated people in here know???

Don't even know what that is..........

A '48 Desoto?

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
skeets what do you mean by stopping and restarting? does it do it on its own or when you try to send an email. Shouldn't be related to explorer... for a minute I thought you were golfing, haha.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Did it start doing that in the last week or so? If so it may be an issue with the updates. My system updated about 4 days ago and I am having the same issue :(

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have to apologize here shows how putter savvy I am, it was not outlook expresses it is windows explorer It just stops and then restarts and a window pops up saying that it stopped working then it says it is restarting

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Sounds like you have some malware that's taken over or you have a pesky virus, either way... bad stuff. Do you have an antivirus/anti-spam program running? Something like Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc? If so do a complete scan and set to fix errors. What OS are you running: Windows XP, Vista, windows 7? Do you know if you have system restore?

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
I agree with Steve....

For virus protection software I've been using Webroot and have been 99% free of virus related issues for 3 years or more.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
If you want something that works.....run Linux.

Or, go down to the Walmart and get you a $278 HP laptop. All you get is windows but you can do your Kubota forum and email.

Do as others say........get Norton.

When the POS crashes in 18-24 months from now........take it out back and shoot it.

Get you another.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
I have to apologize here shows how putter savvy I am, it was not outlook expresses it is windows explorer It just stops and then restarts and a window pops up saying that it stopped working then it says it is restarting
Skeets,

I agree with the guys, if you can update your virus defs.

I would also suggest clearing your browser cache:
Click -> Tools -> Delete Browsing History -> [Delete]

I typically use Firefox as my main browser, and IE for things are finicky and require IE plugins. The nice feature with Firefox (netscape) is that you can delete the entire directory, including any malware, etc., without much effort.

HTH

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thanks guys Im running 7 and have Norton... Geee I had a Norton Atlas too,,
Yeah I have run the scan and the windows defender as well sucker took like 6 hours to run and found nothing,, Soooo,, Guys thanks much and I do know anything about firefox of any of the others so I guess Im pretty much stuck

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Skeets I think it can be fixed but you may need to take it to a shop unless you are comfortable doing a complete disk format and reinstall of the OS and all programs you may have installed. One last simple thing to try is to do a system restore. It probably won't fix it but if it does it's a lot easier than reformatting your hard drive.

Have you done a google search of the specific symptoms to see if you can find some other ideas on a fix...

Just shooting in the dark now without actually seeing the prob first hand, sorry.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I was dead serious about what I said.

Having endured windows crashes and hard drive failures and viruses.......windows just flat out sucks ass.

Our desktop, which I use mainly, is Linux. It just runs. No virus worries either.

Our laptop is disposable, the same HP I recommended. The only reason we even have a windows machine is so I can run my images.

Anything that is important is backed up.

I consider windows machines to be disposable. If I used it to surf the net.....forums.....searches.......email.....etc..... I would expect it to crash.......throw it away and get another.

The_Al

Equipment
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Thanks guys Im running 7 and have Norton... Geee I had a Norton Atlas too,,
Yeah I have run the scan and the windows defender as well sucker took like 6 hours to run and found nothing,, Soooo,, Guys thanks much and I do know anything about firefox of any of the others so I guess Im pretty much stuck
Skeets,

You can try to disable things, which may be starting up, via msconfig.

Click on -> Start -> (then type into the search/run box and hit enter) msconfig

you should see the msconfig box (image below) pop up.
Click on the "Startup" TAB near the top of the window
I would suggest disabling anything that is not of the following types:
Microsoft, Norton, Symantec, Google, Intel, HP or Dell or vendor specific, Apple, Adobe, Java/Sun/Oracle, Quicktime, or similar

I would suggest disabling things that have no manufacturer listed in the "Manufacturer" column, or any companies you may not have heard of. YOu can always open this up again and re-enable these if needed.

One caveat is that even if you disable these you may need to also disable the associated "services", but it should catch some of the annoying things that slow Windows down.

HTH

Attachments

dtherrien

Equipment
B3300su TLB
Dec 28, 2012
Central Mass
Skeets....I suggest also you use Mozilla Firefox for a browser.
I like Avast for anti-virus protection and with that use and run Spy-Bot search and destroy. You can down load anything from www.cnet.com.
I would down load Avast and Spybot....run the spybot delete anything that it finds then do and immunization. Make sure you are running only one anti virus. You should also do a defrag and then a system scan at startup.

The_Al

Equipment
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Skeets are you all set with this?