PU truck loader snow plow

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This dodge is located in Glenwood Minnesota, the article is in the 2006 farm show magazine volume 30 , issue # 4 page #29. The guy originally built one for his International Scout, and after using it on his Scout, he made modifications to the one he built for the dodge.

1703134300839.jpeg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
If you could fit a belly mower to it it would become a new series of tractor....... Announcing the new "Highway Tractor".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
ET back in the day when Jeep made a real truck I had a 74, J10 360 4 BBl with quadratrack loved it,,, Anyways the front leafs really took a load with the plow, and somebody got the bright idea for 1000 pound coil over springs for the shocks. And it worked like a dream,,,,, untill it didnt! And this is another reason not to lend out your toys. Ex brother in law needed the truck to move, OK so he did, and brought it back, and never said a word!
I needed to haul wood so off I go, hit a bump and the front end starts to dance all over the place,, WTH !!!!
Turns out after much thought and tons of naughty words, the shock had blown a seal and was doing nothing but looking pretty.
Those big leaf springs in the front would flex, and where the shock would dampen the movement, and since it was blown and didnt dampen anything, those coil over springs would return the movement.
And each one was amplified, till it was all over the road.
This has nothing to do with the OP, but your comment brought this to mind

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
ET back in the day when Jeep made a real truck I had a 74, J10 360 4 BBl with quadratrack loved it,,, Anyways the front leafs really took a load with the plow, and somebody got the bright idea for 1000 pound coil over springs for the shocks. And it worked like a dream,,,,, untill it didnt! And this is another reason not to lend out your toys. Ex brother in law needed the truck to move, OK so he did, and brought it back, and never said a word!
I needed to haul wood so off I go, hit a bump and the front end starts to dance all over the place,, WTH !!!!
Turns out after much thought and tons of naughty words, the shock had blown a seal and was doing nothing but looking pretty.
Those big leaf springs in the front would flex, and where the shock would dampen the movement, and since it was blown and didnt dampen anything, those coil over springs would return the movement.
And each one was amplified, till it was all over the road.
This has nothing to do with the OP, but your comment brought this to mind
In my forestry career I have driven thousands of miles on dirt woods roads with those solid front axle, leaf spring trucks. At the end of the day, my back was killing me. After two weeks at work, I was making a chiropractor appointment.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
This dodge is located in Glenwood Minnesota, the article is in the 2006 farm show magazine volume 30 , issue # 4 page #29. The guy originally built one for his International Scout, and after using it on his Scout, he made modifications to the one he built for the dodge.

View attachment 118487
Reminds me of the loaders available for the older Willys Jeeps.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users