PTO rotation

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Please forgive my ignorance, I was under the impression that all PTO's turn the same direction. But the blades on my Quick Attach brush mower have a cutting edge on both sides of the blade. And they cannot be turned over to use the other side since that would place the downward bend on the blades pointing up. Are there tractors out there that have a reverse gear for the PTO?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Please forgive my ignorance, I was under the impression that all PTO's turn the same direction. But the blades on my Quick Attach brush mower have a cutting edge on both sides of the blade. And they cannot be turned over to use the other side since that would place the downward bend on the blades pointing up. Are there tractors out there that have a reverse gear for the PTO?
Ah the old which one spins the "right" way......99% do turn the "right way" but there are those that do not! :eek:

I am not sure to all that fit, but the B6000e is one of the "reversed" pto models - it spins CCW. There are others too, many people find them, then get 'em home only to find that they need a reversing kit or the "right" mower to do what they wanted to do in the first place!

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/6/1268-kubota-b6000.html

This type of model is one that is called "gray market" tractor, they are ones that were not made for the USA market - typically for japan or other markets. These type of tractors did not meet the US stricker safety laws.

maybe a company designed the blades to fit either - if so - someone was on their toes!

djmc35

Equipment
4 Kubota B6000's, Cub Low Boy, Sears tractor w/FEL
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
I'm a Kubota B6000 owner and I would be interested in knowing what make and model your mower is and its size. Thanks djmc35

nelstomlinson

Jul 30, 2014
Juneau, Alaska
When you say "counterclockwise" rotation, you mean ccw as you face the back of the tractor? ETA: that is, the PTO rotates ccw as you face the back of the tractor?

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have a 2013 L3200 with a Land Pride RCR1860 Cutter and here is directly out of their manual:

"9. Carefully check cutting edges of blades in relation to
blade carrier rotation to ensure correct blade
placement. Blade rotation is counterclockwise with
cutting edge leading. Airfoil (lift) must be oriented
towards the top of the deck."

I guess that's Kubota for you.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
When you say "counterclockwise" rotation, you mean ccw as you face the back of the tractor? ETA: that is, the PTO rotates ccw as you face the back of the tractor?
Actually when discussing anything that has to do with having to look at tractor or equipment it's implied that one is standing behind such machine never in front unless the front view is stated.