Pto help!

farmervic

Equipment
B20
May 16, 2010
Thousand Oaks, CA
I am a proud new owner of an old Kubota B20. I removed the backhoe, and am trying to connect a brush hog. The PTO turns nicely. However, the arms do not go up or down. Where do I begin? I checked the hydraulic quick disconnects, and they appear to be connected correctly. I did adjust the arm lowering speed control knob under the seat to make sure it was in an "open" position. I also tried to tighten the bolt on the lever controller. No luck. This is my first time at this, so any help would be appreciated. Under the gun as Fire Brush Control clearance is upon me.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Do these models have the hyd valve the needs to be turned when the backhoe is removed so the rest of the tractor can be used.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have just heard of some modes that have a valve that will divert the oil flow to the backhoe when it's in use and then need to be changed when the backhoe is removed to allow the oil to go to the other functions of the tractor.

Kellysw

Equipment
B7200 HST Snow blade auger lawn mowing
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Try visually checking the hyd fluid in your resivoir. Allso determine if there is a vave on the side of the tractor that diverts flow. Follow the lines from the hyd pump to the back of the tractor. The diverter will be directly under the pump. It will allso be right behind the quick disconects. Hopefully you havn't run into my same problem and starved the pump of hyd fluid. The resivoir should be under your seat. You may want to change the hyd fluid as this will be a good time to clean suction filters and the canister filter if your tractor has one. By changing the fluid you will have one more piece of the puzzel to figuring out your problem.

Hope this helps.

Kelly in Van Meter Iowa....

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Kelly, I have an L35, which has a mounted backhoe with one seat. When I take the backhoe off and use the 3pt hitch, I have to pull out a lever (it is either out or in - not sure cause I'm at work). After moving the lever, the hitch arms work as designed. They won't work at all if the lever isn't moved from its backhoe position. The lever is located at the back of the tractor, just under the seat toward the right side. I use it also to hang up extra hitch pins also. This does not effect the pto in anyway on my L35. Good Luck!