PSB-2021-101 Anyone know what this is about?

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I received an email from Kubota. It does not indicate anything about what they are trying to fix. Does anyone know what this is about? I emailed my dealer and am waiting for a response, but I'd like to hear from anyone on here who might know something about it. Thank you.

What Kubota sent:
The purpose of this communication is to inform you of an important update for your Kubota model LX2610SUHSD. Please contact your local Kubota Dealer and reference bulletin(s) PSB-2021-101 for further guidance and to arrange a time to have this work performed at no cost to you*. If you have recently had this repair performed, please disregard this notice.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
My dealer said its only if you have a backhoe with the swivel seat?

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
only took 2 years....

I pointed out some issues I saw roughly 2 years ago, with this exact deal (backhoe swivel seat).

barndoor

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 10, 2021
Santa Cruz County, California
my dealer said it has to do with the operator presence control (safety device) that doesn't work when you come off the seat. It should shut off the tractor, especially in a roll over situation. I'll have to wait and see once the service department gets in touch.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
my dealer said it has to do with the operator presence control (safety device) that doesn't work when you come off the seat. It should shut off the tractor, especially in a roll over situation. I'll have to wait and see once the service department gets in touch.
Ever since they switched my seat to the rotating one for the backhoe, my seat safety switch no longer works also. Perfect!! Now I don't have to do all the extra steps to use the stationary PTO.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I know it's a safety device, but I sometimes need to stand up while operating the backhoe so I can see what I am digging. I hope it is intended to leave the machine running and operable when the brake is locked on.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
PSB-2021-101
Issue
On LX2610/LX3310 ROPS models using BH4966 for installation of the BH77 backhoe there is a possibility that the OPC (Operator Presence Control) switch does not function. When the operator removes their weight from the seat, the SUPPORT (SEAT) does not lift and fails to shut off the tractor. This is because the BASE, COMP (SEAT) was incorrectly welded.

Solution
Perform the seat support lift performance check on page 3. If the tractor does not pass the seat support lift performance check, replace the SUPPORT (SEAT) with a properly welded one per the workshop manual.

Note: If the affected LX2610/LX3310 ROPS Model does not have a BH77 installed, submit for inspection only stating that the BH4966 kit is not installed.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hi All, I took the page with all of the info from Kubota (https://kubotacustomercare.custhelp.com/app/home) and moved the data into an excel file.

It will be much easier searching for things in excel rather than using their web page.
Download the file and when it unpacks it will be in excel format.
The links are all live within the excel to the various places in the Kubotalink site.

Attachments

CmdThor

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 with LA535 FEL and BH77 backhoe. Interested in 3pt hitch rock-saw.
Jun 11, 2021
Massachusetts
Thanks for the info Barndoor! I have the same bulletin. I am not sure I want it fixed now lol. I often manipulate the stabilizers or occasionally the backhoe a bit while I am standing next to the tractor (like to adjust the angle of the bucket to fill with small rocks by hand)

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Thanks for the info Barndoor! I have the same bulletin. I am not sure I want it fixed now lol. I often manipulate the stabilizers or occasionally the backhoe a bit while I am standing next to the tractor (like to adjust the angle of the bucket to fill with small rocks by hand)
A technician came out to my place to verify that my seat safety switch was working correctly. It passed the test and he did not have to change anything. The issue was related to the PTO, which I have never used because I have the backhoe. I use the backhoe occasionally while standing next to it, including the stabilizers, and it all works fine with no person in the seat.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi All, I took the page with all of the info from Kubota (https://kubotacustomercare.custhelp.com/app/home) and moved the data into an excel file.

It will be much easier searching for things in excel rather than using their web page.
Download the file and when it unpacks it will be in excel format.
The links are all live within the excel to the various places in the Kubotalink site.
When I tried to use the links in your Excel file, my Norton Security system was most suspicious so I stopped.
When I use this first link you posted and then selected anything, I was being asked for my Dealer ID and Password.
I info in the spreadsheet looked temping but..........
Dave

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Well Bummer!
I should've known antivirus would pop up.
Sorry about that.
It's likely due to both being "zipped" data and because all the links are links - that is, live.
I don't think I can fix this issue.