problem with electrovalve

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
[solved] problem with electrovalve

Hi, today i was investigating my tractor problem (on hydraulic lifting) and i enabled manually the lift movement (pushing in the front of the eV). I noticed IT was hard to pull but i thought it was so because i didn't use it from month.

When i released the screwdriver i used ti pull the ev stucked enabled. I tried to softly hit it but with no results. I removed the coil and hitted again but nothing happened (when i start the motor the movement try to lift eventi without coil).

Is there a way to fix it or must i look for spare parts? Where can i find it? (I have a bulltra b1 14)

Thanks

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 Quit hitting it with a hammer, nothing on the outside moves, it all done internally.

Looking at your picture I worry you have a crack in the valve body already.
You'll need to pull the valve body and go through it, most likely it will be a Seal or O-Ring that's bad.

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
Relating to this photo:

must i remove B first and pull the valve or must i remove the fuel tank and to look for screw in the upper side?

What is the utility of other valve component?

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Backing up, before you disassemble the valve.
Have you tested the solenoid for the valve?
Is it getting energized?

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
I removed the coil from the ev (see picture above) so i think the valve must be closed (all mpvements stopped) but when i start the motor the movement lift. (I assume that the coil only enable the lifting and that when the coil is de-energized the valve should automatically return to stop position)

When the motor is stopped i can lower the back arm manually pushing the 3rd eV, when i release it the lowering movements stops.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It would be best if you can get the WSM (Work Shop Manual / Service Manual) it will give you the breakdown of the valve, I'm sorry but I don't have a break down of the electro valve set up, US models don't use them.

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
The Workshop manual seems impossible to have: i can't find it on internet (found in german but i can't read it) but i found a workshop man (WSM) calling where i bought the tractor (they trade used tractor, mainly bulltra and aste series).

So now i know that removing the 4 screws (allen) (called B in the last photo) i can remove the ev without unmounting the diesel tank. The WSM said i have to clean it inside with a fine sandpaper.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would avoid sandpaper completely when working on valves.
Using scotch bright would be better, but really any abrasive is a bad thing when it comes to valves.

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
i solved, it's easy.

I removed the 4 screw B and unplug the related block. I unscrewed the rounded piece A so i clould separate the cylindrical piece from the squared one. the cylindrical piece has 4 pieces inside, 3 of them can move longitudinally. The spring is located in the squared piece and pull the 3 moving cylinder in the "normal" position.

All OR was Ok but i had rust in the last inside cylinder (the one i pulled to activate the valve) so once pulled the spring can't overcome the friction. I removed internal cylinders pulling from the external "button" and i removed the rust with a very fine sandpaper and now it works perfectly. (i can't reach the internal surface of the external cylinder with a scotch bright)