princess auto hyd top link.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Princess auto has cat 2 hyd top links on sale for$150. It is a Hydroworks 2 1/2 x 10 inch cyl with 1" holes. Just wondering if they are any good. I am thinking now might be the time to get one. Thanks.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
No expert, but I would try to get one with anti drain down when in set position. Double Pilot Operated Hydraulic Check Valve,

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Princess auto has cat 2 hyd top links on sale for$150. It is a Hydroworks 2 1/2 x 10 inch cyl with 1" holes. Just wondering if they are any good. I am thinking now might be the time to get one. Thanks.

yes they are good. Hydroworks is a huge company based in eastern europe. their stuff is found all over the world. like most huge companies they have others make alot of their products.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I've been using mine for 2 years now no problems. Check valve would be nice but not crittical as noticeable leak down occurs overnight. Could be a little longer for my machine.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I've been using mine for 2 years now no problems. Check valve would be nice but not crittical as noticeable leak down occurs overnight. Could be a little longer for my machine.
Thanks for the reply.

One of the main uses I want it for, is to give more travel to the tail wheel on my bush cutter by putting the valve into float, so I think having check valves would complicate that. I also want to use it to raise the back of a few implements when transporting them. I normally lower everything to the ground over night, and quite often remove them, so leak down should not be a real issue.

The only issue I can think of is hooking up to implements, but I am thinking I can put the link into float and manually move it the last bit to align the pin.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I am following this post because I am also interested. Would this be an advantage on mt BX23S when using a Box Blade or a Tiller that I just purchased ??

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Thanks for the reply.

One of the main uses I want it for, is to give more travel to the tail wheel on my bush cutter by putting the valve into float, so I think having check valves would complicate that. I also want to use it to raise the back of a few implements when transporting them. I normally lower everything to the ground over night, and quite often remove them, so leak down should not be a real issue.

The only issue I can think of is hooking up to implements, but I am thinking I can put the link into float and manually move it the last bit to align the pin.
There haven't been any negatives I can think of so far other than I should have bought one years ago. If you need a little extra height for some implements it works great i.e. landscape rake needing to lift and clear past a pile of debris, fine control over a blade with gauge wheels is excellent.

Implement hookup can be done without a wrench for the lock nut on the top link. I have a quick hitch so that makes hookup easier there as well.

I find I need to keep it in the top hole position where the top link attached to the tractor. If it's in the middle or bottom hole the cylinder will contact the PTO shroud.

I am following this post because I am also interested. Would this be an advantage on mt BX23S when using a Box Blade or a Tiller that I just purchased ??
I don't see why not. Box blade for sure. You will be able to lift your tiller higher out of the ground which you might find helpful.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I am not sure how much help it would be with a box blade or a tiller, but for the amount of money compared to all the other attachments, they seem like a useful thing to have. That being said, it would allow you to make fine adjustments on the go as you're grading. Some companies also make ones for the lift arm, so you can adjust the tilt of the blade side to side. Good works tractors has/had one on a small tractor.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Tractor Data dot com says your tractor is a cat 1 hitch.... Your saying the Princes Auto product is cat 2 ??
Are you sure this will be a compatible accessory ??

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
PA has 3 sizes to choose from
All 3 are Cat2 (ie: 1" hole diameter). Just different piston, rod diameters and overall lengths. Cat 1 would have 3/4" holes. Can always bush them down, but that's a bit of a PITA.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Tractor Data dot com says your tractor is a cat 1 hitch.... Your saying the Princes Auto product is cat 2 ??
I purchased it. It came with adapter bushings ($6 each to purchase separately), the bushings fit in the tractor well. I will try the link it's self today when I measure for hoses. But things look like it should. It looks like a well made cyl and the bushings fit excellent. They slide in nice with 0 play.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
All 3 are Cat2 (ie: 1" hole diameter). Just different piston, rod diameters and overall lengths. Cat 1 would have 3/4" holes. Can always bush them down, but that's a bit of a PITA.
Every thing I have is cat one, so once I am happy with it I am going to put a few tack welds on the outer end bushing. I was going to use locktite bearing retaining compound, but that stuff is pretty much permanent, welds I can remove. My MF250 is cat two on the tractor side, so I will leave the inner bushing removable. The 6060 is my road/field queen, the 250 is my rough and tough bush tractor.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
My tractor actually has cat two lower ends and a cat one top link mount on the tractor. My manual shows cat 1 / 2. The Kubota link has a cat 1 end and a cat 2 end. The new cyl seems to fit well.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Bushings are no big deal, I have cat 1/2 on my 3ph.

The nice thing about PA is "no sale is final unless you are satisfied". If it doesn't fit your machine you can return it no problems.

Your biggest issue may be the cylinder diameter interfering with your PTO shield when the 3PH is all the way down. The smaller cylinders will be narrower and less interference.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Bushings are no big deal, I have cat 1/2 on my 3ph.

The nice thing about PA is "no sale is final unless you are satisfied". If it doesn't fit your machine you can return it no problems.

Your biggest issue may be the cylinder diameter interfering with your PTO shield when the 3PH is all the way down. The smaller cylinders will be narrower and less interference.
Yes, you are correct, PA is good that way. I did notice the cyl will hit the shield if I lower the cyl down all the way, once I get the hoses made and cycle the 3pt I will know for sure. I did notice the inner hyd hose will probably come close to the back of the cab so I may need to install a 45 or 90" elbow. Also to make the hoses route nicely and make the cyl to function the way I want it to, I had to switch the coupler ports on the tractor, C to D and D to C. This will not affect the hose routing of my other implements.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I’ve had this same cylinder for over a year now and it’s been fine. I’ve liked having it for the snow blower to change the ‘angle of attack’ of the cutting edge when going up and down hills. When roading around with the snowblower or bush hog, I notice slight leak down, but on a 5-6km ride, I maybe readjust it once or twice, not a big deal.
Reaching around for the hyd lever to adjust the link when hooking up can be a pain but it’s one of those ‘first world problems’!

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I’ve had this same cylinder for over a year now and it’s been fine. I’ve liked having it for the snow blower to change the ‘angle of attack’ of the cutting edge when going up and down hills. When roading around with the snowblower or bush hog, I notice slight leak down, but on a 5-6km ride, I maybe readjust it once or twice, not a big deal.
Reaching around for the hyd lever to adjust the link when hooking up can be a pain but it’s one of those ‘first world problems’!
It looks like a well made cyl and the bushings that came with it are machined not extruded. I am going to try putting the lever into float and try moving the rod manually for the fine adjustment when hooking up.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Installed hoses and tried it out. No interference any ward. It worked excellent with the landscape rake. With the lever in float I am able to move the rod for fine alignment of the pin holes for hook up to a implement. In ways I wish it has 12 inches of stroke instead of 10, to allow for more downward travel of the rake, but that would also mean it would not curl up as high. So this is a good balance. Total cost $260 Canadian, for the cyl, hoses/fittings, and tax. Considering the cost of most attachments, this well worth the money.

Attachments