Priming Problems

Old Mcdonald

Equipment
BX 24
Mar 1, 2014
rye,Tx
Installed new fuel filters, primed the lines at the injectors, got it to run just fine last weekend. Hopped on it to work this weekend and having air bubble problems somewhere. Primed line 3/4 more times but didn't help. where do I check next? If I have to remove that belly mower to get at that under deck new filter, I'm going to have a COW-EIEIO

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you changed the filter and bleed the lines and it ran and ran for more that a min or two, a new air bubble in the system is highly unlikely.
I'm thinking you might have another problem, like an faulty or inoperative fuel shut off solenoid.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you hear a click/clack when you turn the key then it's probably working, the only other way to test it is to disconnect it from the injector pump.
Another option would be a failed fuel pump. Pull the line off at the injector pump and check for fuel flow with the key on.

Last edited:

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
On both my fuel solenoids I can hear the loud 'snap-click' only at shut-down.

If you turn the key off you should hear the solenoid closing within 10-secs or so.

If you don't hear it (assuming you actually have a fuel shut-off solenoid), start checking for function.

May have to disconnect the actuator rod and move things manually.

Please pose back with your experiences so we may all learn.