Price matching

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
It may be a no-brainer for many of you, but I thought I would bring it up anyway.

Many stores now have a price match policy to remain competitive. That used to not be the case. We just had a Tractor Supply open here about two weeks ago. Yay! The problem is, their prices are not anywhere as competitive as other places, like the Rural King in the next town.

I wanted to buy some mig contact tips from my weekend project. They are $7.99 at Rural King. $12.99 at Tractor Supply. I knew that already, but was waiting until I was near a Rural King to buy some. Unfortunately, I had not. So, I was about to bite the bullet since I needed them. For some reason price matching clicked in my head and I looked on the Tractor Supply website. Sure enough, Tractor Supply has their price match policy listed. I bought two packs of the contact tips there and saved $10 by flashing my phone with the Rural King price. I had already done that recently at PetSmart and saved $10 on cat wormer because their own site had it $10 cheaper.

The next day, I was able to save another $5 for Rustoleum Kubota spray paint by showing it to them cheaper online.

So, if you like saving money, remember most all of the places have a price match policy now and it is listed on their website. Just read their conditions and save money.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
At PetSmart allways know Chewy's price or just ask what it is, one & the same company.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Most chain stores have been doing price matching like this for years. Ive used it, but mostly in electronic purchases, where it saved me hundreds of dollars at best buy or something. Most places who do price match require the item to be the exact same as the one youre trying to match - same brand, same model etc - not just the same product.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Most chain stores have been doing price matching like this for years. Ive used it, but mostly in electronic purchases, where it saved me hundreds of dollars at best buy or something. Most places who do price match require the item to be the exact same as the one youre trying to match - same brand, same model etc - not just the same product.
The big guys use that all the time.

Look at Lowes and Home Depot, when you see the same brand, it isn't usually the exact same model. They usually get their own model numbers.

3M tape will be packaged differently in each store so they don't have to match on it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A couple years ago I was looking for a TV. Went on line to see what was available, and at one site a window popped up for a chat. I kept closing it, but about the 5th time I responded. She helped me find a model that met my wants and gave me a price, store and store location.

I packed up and went to the store with the notes I had taken. At the store that TV was $200 higher then I was told. I asked the sales person if it was on sale. No it was not, so I asked to speak to the manager. I told him the price I had gotten and showed him my notes. He asked when I had gotten that information and where. I said one hour ago on the Best Buy web site.

He sold it at the price I was quoted. He said, "We honor price matching."

How do you price match yourself? ( I was in a Best Buy store!)