Price? L2501

MotoDog

Jan 27, 2020
New Harmony, Utah
I got a price in Utah (Cedar City) on a L2501 of 29,945.00?
Does not sound like they deal very much. And no USED ones.
I sm moving out of good ol Ca. ASAP!

Front loader with quick connects.
4WD
Hydrostatic
Back Hoe and $757 mounting kit.

66" square back bucket
Industrial tires R4
Set up and delivered Free? 15-20 miles from dealer.

BUT, also Free 7 year financing? They charge for an insurance policy, BUT NO INTEREST for 7 years!!! I am 74, might be a bad gamble for them!

Watching youtube, I was convinced this was the most reliable model.
Probably has very good resale value? Salesman said they are the most reliable model.

So that's a lot of Doe !!!

Thanks Mike "MotoDog"

biglefty

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301. loader an backhoe, EA grapple, Titan pallet forks, brush hog 18ft. landsc
Jun 23, 2019
PA.
Not sure price on the new ones. I bought a L3301 this past spring with every thing on it that you mentioned an 70 hours. Also had a W R long 3rd function valve for 23,000 . you may be able to get a idea from that.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
If you build that tractor as you describe on the kubota website they are quoting you straight MSRP (well minus the bucket for the backhoe, either they throwing that in or you will have a back hoe with no bucket ;)). What do intend to use the tractor for? They probably say its the most reliable because it doesn’t have the emission equipment that the rest of the L series has.

MotoDog

Jan 27, 2020
New Harmony, Utah
Thanks for replies.
I will be having a tractor BECAUSE I always wanted one. So I am a Hobbyist.
I have rented a small one from Home Depot, about $1000 a week. YES, it would be cheaper to RENT.

I picked this one from what I saw on line and youtube.

I think the one I chose is over-kill for me but is real popular and will have great re-sale value if I find I don't use it?

Will be putting in a big slab for a metal building, some ditches for electrical, sewage, and a septic tank. Taking out trees and stumps. Lot of nasty bushes. Only have one A. So no mowing. Some getting around in the snow and mud in the winter. Probably after I learn tractoring help some neighbors out too.

With 20% and nearly free financing, I can't see using it past the 7 years financing! So a couple hundred buck a month, I got a new tractor.

There are no used ones I can find?
Thanks Mike

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I paid $19500 for L setup identical to yours. My dealer wants $7500 for the backhoe and sub frame.

Im betting some of that extra cost is from the 7 year loan. They say theyre interest free. Yeah right. Lol

They are making you get insurance? Theres some of your extra cost too.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Most of us here are hobbyist ;), and we can help spend your money in a hurry :D.

I don’t know how it is in that part of the country, but I would get some quotes from other dealers. At one point I was shopping for another tractor and pricing varied almost $3000 from 4 different dealers. Seems the dealer you got the quote from just pulled up the kubota site and built it. How did you get the quote? In person, over phone, online?

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Old post of mine from a price inquiry thread back in June:

I just had my L2501 HST 4X4 delivered last week.

Tractor price: $13,656
LA525 loader with quick attach bucket: $4,550
Third function was $725

Total: $18931

That's pre-tax price.

I would say that's pretty close to your price. I also had cruise control added and have a backhoe on it as well, but no other implements were purchased. R4 tires were also filled.

Total price tax and all for that was $28,650
Yeah.

Im betting some of that extra cost is from the 7 year loan. They say theyre interest free. Yeah right. Lol

They are making you get insurance? Theres some of your extra cost too.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
With a backhoe that price isnt far off. I got a brand new L2501 back in May 2019. It was 4x4 HST tractor, the Loader and bucket, a QH15 quick hitch on the back, and a big root rake for the front. Mine was around $20,500 By the time they added in the insurance, which is an insurance kubota adds on top for them - its not for us- My final bottom line was around 23,000. I financed for 84 months at 1.7%. I had an option to go 60 months for 0%. My payment is under $300 a month and I will pay it off early.

Regarding the tractor itself - I can say that the L2501 is a great little tractor. It will surprise you with its power. Its only 25 horse power, but dont confuse that with the 25HP on many of the other smaller tractors - It has a larger engine, more bottom end torque, and its a good bit heavier than the smaller sub compact 25 horse tractors. This is Kubota's number 1 selling tractor, the Standard L series. When I bought mine from my dealer, I dealt with the owner of the dealership. He told me they never work on an L series tractor. Some of this was of course his great salesmanship, but he even brought out his lead mechanic in the shop and asked him "When is the last time you worked on an L series Kubota?" he said they had one minor steering issue a guy had but aside from that he hasnt seen one in forever. The point of course being that they are dependable. I drive by a rental shop here locally that has two L3301's on their rental lot. I see those 2 tractors everywhere and then back on the rental yard. People work them hard and they hold up well. I have not had any reason to question or doubt my purchase, and Ive been using it to clear woods, push trees, stumps, etc into piles to burn, and carry off logs for firewood. Ive put a lot of stress on it with lots of weight. It just powers on through.

MotoDog

Jan 27, 2020
New Harmony, Utah
Well, I really like the L2501 from looking at youtube reviews.
THE PRICE is sky-rocketing!
With TAX and insurance probably over $35K?
It sounds like there are no deals? The Back Hoe adds $7K.
But, after a down payment off about $6K, the financing is free for up to 7 years.

I am on the fence now, may keep looking for something used to come up.
I would like to have something in a month or two?

Seems like my idea of a $20K tractor really is going to be DOUBLE?

Thanks for all the responses.
Mike

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Well, I really like the L2501 from looking at youtube reviews.
THE PRICE is sky-rocketing!
With TAX and insurance probably over $35K?
It sounds like there are no deals? The Back Hoe adds $7K.
But, after a down payment off about $6K, the financing is free for up to 7 years.

I am on the fence now, may keep looking for something used to come up.
I would like to have something in a month or two?

Seems like my idea of a $20K tractor really is going to be DOUBLE?

Thanks for all the responses.
Mike
You arent likely to get a Kubota with a backhoe and front bucket and all for under $20k unless you go with a much smaller tractor maybe. My step dad bought a new tractor just before I got my L2501 back in May. He wanted the back hoe and everything - but went away from Kubota because they were higher, as you are learning. He ended up with a Yanmar Tractor that came with backhoe and everything for about $24k or something like that. Its a 24 horse tractor. When you look at my L2501 next to his Yanmar though - I see regret in his face for not getting the kubota. The Yanmar he got is clearly just smaller. The loader arms are thinner and weaker looking, the whole machine just looks cheaper, smaller, etc. but he done that because we wanted a back hoe, and didn't want to pay kubota's price. Yanmar got him the backhoe he wanted in the package and kept the price where he wanted it, but he got a lot less tractor over all. I think 35k though sounds really high. They should be able to do this deal for you and keep it under 30k.

MotoDog

Jan 27, 2020
New Harmony, Utah
Looks like $29,945 Plus TAX. If I want Insurance and 0% Financing another $3000?
So out the door it will definitely be way over $30K.

Looks like I can get an LS MT240HE for maybe 3K less?
It looks like a nice tractor? Of course Kubota has the market.

I will keep churning! Maybe ask Kubota dealer about a B series?

Mike

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Will be putting in a big slab for a metal building, some ditches for electrical, sewage, and a septic tank. Taking out trees and stumps. Lot of nasty bushes. Only have one A. So no mowing. Some getting around in the snow and mud in the winter........
Hire someone with a mini excavator for a day, maybe two, then omit the back hoe and save $8K as well as having to store the thing when it's not being used.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Hire someone with a mini excavator for a day, maybe two, then omit the back hoe and save $8K as well as having to store the thing when it's not being used.
I would have never bought mine without a backhoe. I just thinks it adds so much to the tractor. If I could not have purchased it with a backhoe, I would have looked for an older slightly bigger tractor. Of course, I know why I wanted a backhoe and have many uses for it. Perhaps the OP doesn't really need it. I also feel, it greatly adds to the resale value down the road having a tractor with the backhoe.