Pressure washed b2650, now she dead!

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
I have a B2650 did a lot of work last weekend so got the pressure washed out to spray it down. Pulled it out of the garage ran just fine. Went to pull it back in and I had power to the cluster but would just click when i turned the key.

Any suggestions?

Pulled all fuses all were good. Tried to pull one fuse in which dummy me didn’t see it had a bolt through it so I broke that. Had to order it.

So while I wait for it to arrive I have to wonder if it’ll start once it dries out or not? I’ve pressure washed it many of times before with no issues.

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most likely corrosion on the battery cables, most commonly the ground connection at the frame.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
I've pressure washed mine a number of times, but I use a soft wand adjusted to fill fan width so it's not really a strong stream. I'll adjust it narrow and harder hitting for frame, wheels, tires and loader. But engine and things with wires I tend to hold back and use the wide fan spray. No issues so far. I've been pressure washing automobile engines and lawn equipment like this for decades. I've never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I learned the hard way to keep a pressure washer away from any engine.

I hope you get it running quickly.

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
I definitely know better well at least I thought I did. Didn’t even have the hood open. But I also didn’t realize until after that the battery and electronics are nicely placed right behind the grill opening where I had some cotton wood I sprayed out of the holes. Whoopsie! I was thinking it was radiator then the battery and fuse boxes but I was wrong. Won’t do that again.

Get a new fuse tomorrow. See if a couple days or drying out will work or if I need to investigate further.

Bad timing getting my yard planted next week and have just a few touch ups I’d like to do before then!

I’ll keep the forum updated on my findings!

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Update.....after breaking a fuse and $76 later for the fuse and over night shipping. All I had to do was jiggle the hydro peddle. Wasn’t reading it was in neutral! Awesome! Good for a laugh I guess!

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Glad it was an easy fix. That will stick in my memory if my tractor doesn't start. Rock the hydro pedal back and forth a bit;)

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Update.....after breaking a fuse and $76 later for the fuse and over night shipping. All I had to do was jiggle the hydro peddle. Wasn’t reading it was in neutral! Awesome! Good for a laugh I guess!
The terrible design of the B2650 hydro pedal safety switch gets another victim. Dammit Kubota - fix this!