Press Brake

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now that we have my dumbness out of the way, are you making your own? We use to use WD 40 for salmon up on the Great Lakes. I cant say weather it worked or not, when they were hitting it didnt matter what you used,,lol

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
We use to use WD 40 for salmon up on the Great Lakes
Wow, that's one I never heard before! I would think that would drive fish away.
Learn something new every day.:cool:

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Now that we have my dumbness out of the way, are you making your own? We use to use WD 40 for salmon up on the Great Lakes. I cant say weather it worked or not, when they were hitting it didnt matter what you used,,lol
Yes I do make up some of my own scents, but I do use menhaden oil that they use on the coast to chum for sharks. I believe giving the fish something different. You can even use the old cooking oil after you fry fish a few times. That stuff smells fishy.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I guess a chum lime of anything they like works, maden head oil shoudl work for blues too I would think

Yeppers Lil Foot we would spray the big spoons and drop them down to where the fish were with the down riggers. WD 40 is as I understand primarily a fish oil composit, I could be wrong but thats what was told to me when I first heard about it and looked at the gay and said WTF are you talking about:confused:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
When I was a kid we used WD40 on Lake Michigan for Brown Trout. I guess it worked because we caught them.

Mtmoriahfarm

Equipment
M8540,BX24,Takeuchi tb235
Feb 16, 2017
Rhode Island
I fished for years out of Sodus Bay NY. Every year the biggest fish was caught on a snickers bar still in the wrapper and rigged with a hook. I rigged one up the first year as a joke, put it down on the downrigger and five minutes latter we were hooked up. That first fish was a steelhead that put up one heck of a fight, I can still see him tail walking!! Sorry for going off topic but all the fishing talk brought up some great memories ***128526;