Prepping my B8200

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Well, my B8200 has sat all winter and hasn't gotten any play time. This darn Kentucky winter has been crazy and I'm hoping it breaks soon. So be that I bought the tractor last year and this is my first tractor, I'm learning as I go on how to take care of it. Who better to ask than you guys:D.
First thing, I poured in some diesel additive before winter started and it was ran a little to get it throughout the system but that is all I've done. The battery will have to be replaced as it required alot of charging last year.

What battery is usually suggested for a tractor like mine?

It has an older Interstate in it now. I think it needs one with high cranking amps as it sometimes wants to fight you to get it started. Which could be from a weak battery.
I'm also having problems with both of the front tires. They are Carlson or some off brand and the right one will hold air for about a day. The left one takes a while to leak down. The rears are filled with fluid. All my tires are turf.

I'm going to have to replace them but with what brand? Any preference for turf tires?

Next thing is my starting issue. I know some of it is my battery. If I charge it up real good it starts a little better. I haven't tested my glow plugs but my glow plug button heats up nicely (no light, just the heating button that can burn you:eek:). I'm not sure what kind of maintainance was ever done it. Maybe I should go through and change all the filters - fuel, etc. Also I guess I should test all the glow plugs?

The hydraulic fluid looks clean but should I go ahead and change it? What is the normal change schedule for the hydraulic fluid? I bought (2) 5 gallon buckets of fluid :D:D just in case. It shifts fine and the lift works great.

I can't wait to get back on it. Told my wife it was the best tool I've every bought. She even wants me to plow her a garden this spring. That leads to another question.

Can my B8200 handle a 14" plow?

Final question, it looks like someone did some wiring work:rolleyes: on my little orange toy. I want to rewire it correctly. I don't have the wiring diagrams. I have the parts diagrams.

Where can I get those?

Thanks for you help.
Josh

B8200
Orange
4X4
RC-60 belly mower
4 ft box blade
like to play in the mud

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
1. New higher cranking battery should help and I've read that you should stay away from the deep cycle marine battery because they don't last from the vibrations.

2. With the tires I don't think there are very many options as only a couple manufacturers make them that size.

3. With the starting issue do a search on this site on how to check your glow plugs, change the fuel filter and check the valves to see if they need to be adjusted.

4. I think you a suppose to change the hydraulic fluid every 200 hours so it's best to start fresh.

5. As Phildac provided the diagram, the wiring on this Kubota is straight forward and simple.

Hope this helped.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I did a quick search on batteries.
Most sites recommended roughly 550 cca.
Don't concern yourseld too much with brand.
Make sure it fits, has the right ends, good return policy, right price.
Buy it.

Remove your front tires and break the beads.
Take some sand paper and clean the inside of the rims.
Add a bead of grease then refill with air.
Might hold air for you.
Also check your vavle stem, might be leaking from there.

Be certain you need new turfs before dropping ca$h.
Not cheap.

As for your wife.
Continue to express how useful the tractor is.
Find yard projects she would like to tackle.
Soon you may get the nod for buying new implements.
"He who dies with the most toys wins"

I was talkind landscaping with my wife the other day as we will be planting trees this Spring.
I told her the job would be 10x easier with a good tilller.
"Then buy one"
She says......

Awesome!

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Thanks guys, very helpful information.
A quick story about my battery....It felt like the battery was not very strong and my tractor did not want to start. So, I go grab my charger for a slow charge for the rest of the day. Without really looking I hooked the hot side of the charger to the red cable and went to stick the ground to the black cable when sparks shot every where.......that's right, someone reversed the colors of the cables and red was ground and black is hot. Just another thing for me to fix:p

As for the tires I think my motorcycle mechanic/friend can order me some. I'll change the hydraulic fluid. The wiring has been hacked on so that's why I needed the wiring diagram (thanks). None of the lights work. The glow plugs probably need changed so I'll look into that. The valves probably need adjusted as it chatters and a I need to do some repainting. Other than that, after it starts it is a bear and keeps right on chuggin'. Thanks again for the info.
Josh