Power Steering B6200

Kubotaed

Oct 8, 2016
Traverse City
Steering with a bucket full was difficult. This is my modification. Power steering pump from a Nissan pickup. Reservoir from a Kia. Slave cylinder from Tractor Supply. Hydrostatic steering valve from a John Deere 318 garden tractor. Hoses custom made at a local shop. About $450 spent. Combining the JD steering valve with the original steering column, so that the dash would still be supported and in the correct location was the most difficult. I fabricated a holder out of wood to hold it correctly. It now steers effortlessly. Currently my photos are in the wrong format so I cant post them. I will update the post with pics as soon as I get them converted. (I hope)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll give you an A+ on mounting the controller and new column. (y)
I'll give you an D+ for adding another pump and reservoir when you already have an on board system that would handle it perfectly fine. :censored:
I would have given you an F if it wasn't for the mighty fine job of mounting the pump and reservoir. ;)

Kubotaed

Oct 8, 2016
Traverse City
I'll give you an A+ on mounting the controller and new column. (y)
I'll give you an D+ for adding another pump and reservoir when you already have an on board system that would handle it perfectly fine. :censored:
I would have given you an F if it wasn't for the mighty fine job of mounting the pump and reservoir. ;)
Thank you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It’s amazing how little effort is required to turn the steering wheel even with a full bucket.
Nice!
I'll caution you: Keep an eye on the front end, really easy to do damage when you beef up the steering control like that. ;)

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
I really like how you mocked up the sheet metal for the column mount. I am absolutely going to copy that when I do the power steering mod for my B7100.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Outstanding job on the install, and I love the "ingenuity" of a project like this.

So I have to ask; How/Why did you manage to get all those different parts from different manufacturers to work?

Was it a "trail and error" thing, or do you have some sort of engineering training in this area?