Power Rakes

NorthWoodsLawman

Equipment
B7510 Hst
Dec 11, 2013
Readfield, Maine, USA
I have a B7510 HST and I was looking at maybe getting a 4 foot power rake. Does anyone know much about these and how well they work? I've been watching videos and they look decent. Looks like they could make money!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a B6100E and I've rented a 5ft power rake several times and ran it with no problems what so ever. Its one of my dream implements to own but at the cost of $6,000 to own one is not in my budget right now.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Are these power rakes you're referring too for dethatching only?

I've had cabin fever for a while, and thought about raking my front yard by hand, actually did rake my entire back yard last weekend. After I got done, I thought there has to be an implement for this. Haha..

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I take care of our towns softball diamonds and last summer I borrowed another guys small hew holland tractor which is a 25hp and he has a 6' Harley power rake and it ran it with no problems. That worked great and saved a ton fo work and time for me.

I just didnt paperwork on a new Kubota L3800HST with loader, a new Land Pride 66" tiller, new Land Pride 72" box scraper, and anew Land Pride 72" power rake. Yep, lots of money in debt now, but hope to make some money on the side to help pay for it.

The power rake is used on soil to help level and spread out material evenly. They really do work nice. I have seen them used on ball fields, levelling/grading driveways, etc. Lots of uses for them.

NorthWoodsLawman

Equipment
B7510 Hst
Dec 11, 2013
Readfield, Maine, USA
Sounds like an expensive setup! There are some good Youtube videos on these things but lots of people using them to get ruts outta' driveways, etc... Any wear on the tractor does anyone know??

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Are these power rakes you're referring too for dethatching only?

I've had cabin fever for a while, and thought about raking my front yard by hand, actually did rake my entire back yard last weekend. After I got done, I thought there has to be an implement for this. Haha..
Talking about a different power rake, these are a 4 in 1 dirt working tool, not for dethatching of lawns.