Possible DEF shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
There is at least one that needs to be bypassed.
Good luck with that. In case you’re unaware, the transcontinental railways and interstate highways go to CA, not Or or WA.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Why hasn't anyone brought suit against California for violating the Constitution, putting up these trade barriers?
This is one of the main causes of the manufactured supply chain disruption and I believe it is being done for that reason.
Another example of mis-firing synapses.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
hmm.. CA isn't 'restricting' the commerce, just that YOU have to obey THEIR envirolaws....
Frankly this could be settled PDQ, simply remove CA from the USA, then King Newsom and his minions can do what they want. Have ALL ships head to Port of Washington or Oregon. Cut the power feeds that supply CA with 'dirty' power.
hmmm2. Wonder what CA people will say when nonCA EPA rated vehicles try to come to the 'big one', to help those trapped in buildings and such, and are turned away by the CA EPA enforcers?
Cut California out of the U.S…?? I think we had a war over that sort of thing awhile ago… (No…not THAT war… the one in 1846-48… We got what we Asked For!).

…Or perhaps you’ve never heard of “United We Stand” …and “Freedom of choice”…(Hint: CA people get to make choices of lifestyle in CA.)

You also may not have heard…but your suggestion of using Washington (state) and Portland for Ports of Call….. Uhh…buddy…there’s some serious liberal thinkers up there that make CA look downright reactionary …or did you miss out on the News last year…? (Google “Seattle Riots”)

If you want to avoid backlogs of product…. QUIT BUYING CHINEESE STUFF!

America is ADDICTED to CHINA! Now they have us by the cotyledons!

(Here’s an idea: Go thru your house and pick up every object and look underneath at it’s label that states its’ Origin…and if is says “China”… put it in your garage and don’t use it for only ONE MONTH….and see how well you run your lifestyle. You will discover that YOU are the problem…not CA.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
“Now they have us by the cotyledons!”
cotyledon
[ kot-l-eed-n ]SHOW IPA

💼 Post-College the primary or rudimentary leaf of the embryo of seed plants.

Anatomy. any of several lobules of the placenta.

Expand and explain the reference please.

Cahones might be what was intended?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
“Now they have us by the cotyledons!”
cotyledon
[ kot-l-eed-n ]SHOW IPA

💼 Post-College the primary or rudimentary leaf of the embryo of seed plants.

Anatomy. any of several lobules of the placenta.

Expand and explain the reference please.

Cahones might be what was intended?
No…No intencion ”cahones”….pero, Intencion usted “Cajones”..?? ;)

Here’s a pic of a “cotyledon”:
47AE0DF1-9067-4A52-8541-1DD482FBB04E.jpeg

What does it bring to mind…?? I find it just as illustrative as the spanish word for “eggs” i.e. “huevos” …or the vulgar spanish word for a mans testicles “Cajones”… however THAT word also applies to ”coffin” or “box” or “locker” etc etc.

Since one of the “seeds” of life is produced by both testicles and cotyledons…. I used a word I considered less vulgar, and what I thought many might understand by reference.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve never viewed liberals as control freaks… it’s the conservatives that seem to want to tell peopler what they can and cannot do. The Taliban for instance… and other conservative theocracies, i.e. Iran, Pakistan, etc….. Nazi Germany was a conservative govt, as was Fascist Italy, not to mention Peru and virtually all other Latin Amercan govt’s.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Yep, it's the conservatives pushing the latest mandates. Oh wait ...

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
I’ve never viewed liberals as control freaks… it’s the conservatives that seem to want to tell peopler what they can and cannot do. The Taliban for instance… and other conservative theocracies, i.e. Iran, Pakistan, etc….. Nazi Germany was a conservative govt, as was Fascist Italy, not to mention Peru and virtually all other Latin Amercan govt’s.
I must be confused because I often hear people refer to Nancy Pelosi or Emperor Newsom as "liberal" and it is politicians such as them that are trying to control every aspect of our lives.

Guess I must have been mistaken and not noticed that being one who believes in limited Government makes me a Nazi. Guess I wasted all those months serving in Iraq trying too . Well at least I can spell "people" and "American"

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yep, it's the conservatives pushing the latest mandates. Oh wait ...
It is neither conservatives or liberals who are pushing covid safety. It’s educated people who’s profession is public health. Imagine if the smallpox, polio, or measles vaccines were considered to be political back in the 1950s: we would still be fighting those diseases. People were smarter back then.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I must be confused because I often hear people refer to Nancy Pelosi or Emperor Newsom as "liberal" and it is politicians such as them that are trying to control every aspect of our lives.

Guess I must have been mistaken and not noticed that being one who believes in limited Government makes me a Nazi. Guess I wasted all those months serving in Iraq trying too . Well at least I can spell "people" and "American"
Most of the false conservatives who talk about limited government simply want government focused on their agenda; not limited government.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It is neither conservatives or liberals who are pushing covid safety. It’s educated people who’s profession is public health. Imagine if the smallpox, polio, or measles vaccines were considered to be political back in the 1950s: we would still be fighting those diseases. People were smarter back then.
Interesting you mention polio vaccine. I guess you realize that the initial vaccine release was pulled and it wasn't till 5 years later that they actually rolled out the vaccine successfully. Then it was even done with great hesitation due to the initial failure with the vaccine causing kids to catch polio.

So calling people stupid for knowing history and learning from it makes you look like a fool.

My assumption, once the vaccines have been proven successful and safe, then people will accept the vaccine. Yet, with our government track history and the speed of this rollout, one is foolish for not doing the research and making a choice if they want to accept the risk or not. Forcing a vaccine on people that hasn't been proven is wrong.

Before you start down the path that I hate vaccines, I have all my vaccines, including my current flu shot and the J&J Covid vaccine. I refused to get the others (Covid vaccines), but that is my choice and shouldn't be forced upon me.

Study history a little before you go around insulting people.

The polio virus causes flu-like symptoms in most people who catch it. But in a minority of those infected, the brain and spinal cord are affected; polio can cause paralysis and even death. With the distribution of Salk’s vaccine, the much-feared stalker of children and young adults had seemingly been tamed. Within days, however, the initial mass inoculation program went off the rails.

The world initially rejoiced as Salk’s vaccine came online. He declined to patent it, to make it available to all. Immediately following the government’s licensing of the Salk vaccine, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis contracted with private drug companies for US$9 million worth of vaccine (around $87 million today) – about 90% of the stock. They planned to provide it free to the country’s first and second graders. But just two weeks after the first doses were administered, the Public Health Service reported that six inoculated children had come down with polio.

As the number of such incidents grew, it became clear that some of the shots were causing the disease they were meant to prevent. A single lab had inadvertently released adulterated doses.

After considerable fumbling and outright denial, Surgeon General Leonard Steele first pulled all tainted vaccine off the market. Then, less than a month after the initial inoculations, the U.S. shut down distribution entirely. It wasn’t until the introduction of a new polio vaccine in 1960, created by Albert Sabin, that public trust returned.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Interesting you mention polio vaccine. I guess you realize that the initial vaccine release was pulled and it wasn't till 5 years later that they actually rolled out the vaccine successfully. Then it was even done with great hesitation due to the initial failure with the vaccine causing kids to catch polio.

So calling people stupid for knowing history and learning from it makes you look like a fool.

My assumption, once the vaccines have been proven successful and safe, then people will accept the vaccine. Yet, with our government track history and the speed of this rollout, one is foolish for not doing the research and making a choice if they want to accept the risk or not. Forcing a vaccine on people that hasn't been proven is wrong.

Before you start down the path that I hate vaccines, I have all my vaccines, including my current flu shot and the J&J Covid vaccine. I refused to get the others (Covid vaccines), but that is my choice and shouldn't be forced upon me.

The polio virus causes flu-like symptoms in most people who catch it. But in a minority of those infected, the brain and spinal cord are affected; polio can cause paralysis and even death. With the distribution of Salk’s vaccine, the much-feared stalker of children and young adults had seemingly been tamed. Within days, however, the initial mass inoculation program went off the rails.

The world initially rejoiced as Salk’s vaccine came online. He declined to patent it, to make it available to all. Immediately following the government’s licensing of the Salk vaccine, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis contracted with private drug companies for US$9 million worth of vaccine (around $87 million today) – about 90% of the stock. They planned to provide it free to the country’s first and second graders. But just two weeks after the first doses were administered, the Public Health Service reported that six inoculated children had come down with polio.

As the number of such incidents grew, it became clear that some of the shots were causing the disease they were meant to prevent. A single lab had inadvertently released adulterated doses.

After considerable fumbling and outright denial, Surgeon General Leonard Steele first pulled all tainted vaccine off the market. Then, less than a month after the initial inoculations, the U.S. shut down distribution entirely. It wasn’t until the introduction of a new polio vaccine in 1960, created by Albert Sabin, that public trust returned.
The current situation is that nearly everyone who is hospitalized with Covid is unvaccinated. This fact speaks for itself.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The current situation is that nearly everyone who is hospitalized with Covid is unvaccinated. This fact speaks for itself.
Yet, it doesn't prove or disprove the safety of the vaccine.

I'm done posting on the vaccine and COVID topic in this thread. This thread is about DEF shortage. If you want to debate covid start your own thread on that topic. We need to respect the original OP and the topic and not derail the thread.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Wow, a lot of brainwashed creeps on this board. Never thought it was that way here,

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

I never mentioned “limited gov’t”. The concept of “federalism” which our gov’t is based-upon already addresses that issue.

THIS discussion is about gov’t control of individual persons. Conservatives have been on the WRONG SIDE of History THROUGHOUT history.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

You don’t know your history….and you know what is said of people who don’t know their history.
The early polio vaccines do not share the technological advances of the modern Covid vaccines. They are extremely different in methods of development and methods of testing and approval.
You probably are thinking of the Sabin/Salk vaccines (and probably never heard of Brodie and Kollmer.) The history of polio vaccines far precede those vaccines and the modern methods of development, testing, and safety-assurances are vastly different ….and safer….and more effective. Get educated. And get on-board.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You don’t know your history….and you know what is said of people who don’t know their history.
The early polio vaccines do not share the technological advances of the modern Covid vaccines. They are extremely different in methods of development and methods of testing and approval.
You probably are thinking of the Sabin/Salk vaccines (and probably never heard of Brodie and Kollmer.) The history of polio vaccines far precede those vaccines and the modern methods of development, testing, and safety-assurances are vastly different ….and safer….and more effective. Get educated. And get on-board.
You don't read very well do you.

Learn to read.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
You don't read very well do you.

Learn to read.
You’ll have to be more specific. I read your post thoroghly. You make little sense.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
And ... you point is? Some people in all political groups have been on the wrong side throughout history unless you want to be intellectually dishonest. Of course, you can find these same people contradicting themselves on the same issues as well.
My point is fact. Nazis, Fascists, Inquisitionists, Theocracies, Monarchists, the list is looooong and irrefutable.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You’ll have to be more specific. I read your post thoroghly. You make little sense.
I had several comments, but as my prior posted stated, if you want to discuss and debate COVID, vaccines, or anything else NOT related to the original OP you need to start another thread.

It isn't fair to the OP that we derail and hijack the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.