Possible B7200 owner ????

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
I know this is not the right forum, but I am kind of limited here.

A friend of mine is looking to sell his B7200. He bought it many years ago when his landscaping business was larger but over the past several years he downsized and he decided to stick to lawns only. The tractor has been sitting for quite a while and has not been used at all. Unfortunately it has been exposed to the elements for a good part of its life, but it is very complete and has low hours. Last week he asked if I would be interested in the tractor and I jumped all over it! He is a very fair person and understands it needs alot of TLC and he is not looking to profit on it. He charged up the battery and got it started and wants to complete one more quick job for a neighbor then we can talk numbers. I'm a very mechanical person and can tackle this project no problem, but I really have no idea on what to offer for it.

Here is a picture of how it sits right now.

She has light rust all over of course, but there does not seem to be any rot. The tires are lightly checked and worn, hydraulic lines should probably be replaced, fluids flushed, filters changed...etc...

Here are the specs:
Early - mid 80's B7200
<300 hrs
1630 FEL
4WD
17HP 3cyl diesel
Kubota FL1021C tiller
unknown brand York Rake
unknown brand Post Hole Digger

What would any of you guys offer for this tractor ? I did alot of looking around the net, and they seem to run over $4g's, but this puppy needs quite a bit to get up to par. I know there is a tractor blue book out there too, but the local book stores are sold out and backordered.

Thanks for any help! - Mark

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I have a b7200 hydro . I love it. I'm in the middle of fixing it up. Changed the clutch and just couldn't stop. At any rate that tractor looks like standard. With all the stuff that comes with it , if the stuff isn't beat to death. If you paid $10,000 dollars for that thing , and you won't , there is a really really really good chance that you would never regret it. As long as you change all the fluids, filters, grease it. I've had mine for four years, and it was beat up pretty bad,the loader was covered in cement as was most of the front end. I have used it almost everyday since I got it.

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm fairly confident we can work on a good price for the machine. I'm actually a Gravely tractor enthusiast and collector, but I always wanted CUT like a Kubota and this looks like it may happen! Thanks again for everything!

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
Well, life has been crazy busy lately, but I made the call today and it looks like I will be closing the deal on the tractor tomorrow. The machine starts, runs, and drives fun, but it needs a heavy duty tuneup, all filters changed, and all fluids flushed and filled. I will be sure to get more pictures of my new treasure!