Plow storage

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
Hi,
ive got a single bottom plow that normally just sits in a pile until I need it, then it’s like wrestling a greased pig to get it up at Dogwood attached to the lift pins. Anyone have any good ideas on how to store it so I can just back up to it to attach?

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
unsure of what you are describing as we only have cows in New England, no pigs, but I rest all my attachments up on square pads I made out of 8x8 Pressure Treated timbers. Makes it much easier to get under them with the QA and also easier to drop them off.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
What kind of plow? Moldboard plow or potato plow or some other type?

Moldboard Plow 101 | Brinly-Hardy Lawn and Garden Attachments Potato Digger / Lifter for Two Wheel Tractors Everything Attachments Potato Plow | Middle Buster

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
First off set it on a pad like a couple 2x2 flag stones and use a cement block up hold the front end up out of the dirt it should stand up right like that and cover it with a tarp. #2 Spray round up or something around where you store it and kill off all the weeds and biteie things. Clean it when you are done oil up the moldboard or spray with at least WD 40, paint the frame work a rattle can works. Granted it is just a hunk of iron and steel but take care of it you paid good money for it

Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
This video is about a scraper blade. Ignore that and look at the jack stand on it, Make 2 of them and weld them on the cross bar near the lift pins. Spread them out as far as you can. Now you can rest the plow on the ground then drop the jackstands down. With the weight resting on the 3 points it should be stable enough to unhitch from the tractor and leave the plow standing upright.

Click on the "Watch on Youtube" line and the video will play.

Reactions: 1 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL