Plagued by inventory

JimiCarpenter

Mar 27, 2021
Clayton Nc
Howdy fellas! Just here to vent for a minute. Who else is plagued by inventory issues? We have been cutting 4aces of grass for the last 9years with a 54” riding mower and had an issue with it a couple weeks ago and decided it was time to get a tractor. I thought we would go pick out a tractor and get it in maybe a week. We ewe my to many dealers and kept getting the same answer we have lots on order we just don’t have any tractors here. We found a local dealer who finally had a LX2610 on the lot and a trailer for it. Went to talk with him we got really excited and then the news came. They had no loader on the lot, then it was we don’t have any of the attachments you want🤦🏼‍♂️. We are now 2weeks in they just got there hands on a loader and are still trying to get a bush hog, grapple, and a rear blade. Even worse news is our mower transmission just bit the dust while cutting the grass 😭 spoke to the dealer today but has no timeframe when he can get all the pieces and he says the forecast from his Kubota reps is bleak. Who would have ever thought this would be a thing? If you are in the market for a new tractor and implements my advice is to not hesitate because you can’t just go at the last minute and get what you need at least in my area.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Yeah it's the same in most places right now. Hopefully, your things come in sooner than expected!

Reactions: 1 user

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Tractors, motorcycles, bicycles, SxS and ATV's, boats, RV's, all are in very short supply thanks to covid.

Reactions: 2 users

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I feel your pain. I just bought a brand new tractor and am still waiting on several attachments to arrive. I was lucky enough though that that ones I needed most were available fairly quickly. Now we wait...

Reactions: 1 users

JimiCarpenter

Mar 27, 2021
Clayton Nc
Been waiting 6 weeks for my new tractor 😢
Now with our mower down I don’t know what I’m going to do if it even takes 3 weeks our grass has to be cut every 2weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️ I just didn’t even know this was a thing when we started looking. I’m glad we started the process before it actually broke

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would think you could hire a lawn man for a short period until the tractor gets here. Take a look at Craigs list or FB.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I faced a similar issue this past winter. Had my tractor on order but it was a couple months out and I had already sold my Deere X585 with hydraulic plow so I had nothing for snow removal. Craigslist to the rescue. Purchased a clean used Ariens snow blower but my tractor ended up arriving before we had a substantial snowfall. My brother in law was happy to take the snow blower off my hands for what I paid for it and I had it in case I needed it. Moral of the story, look for a good quality used garden tractor or riding mower that you can flip when your tractor arrives for the same price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If you hire them to mow it only, no trimming or extras it might seam expensive but what will it cost you if you do not mow it. The time and effort to clean up the mess from not mowing will be expensive also.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I love rustic...if you don't have laws that make you keep it cut then let it grow and allow the wildlife to enjoy it till you get your new tractor. It's amazing how the wildlife enjoy anything more than a golfcourse type setting.....relax and look forward to playing with the new toy.

Reactions: 3 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Howdy fellas! Just here to vent for a minute. Who else is plagued by inventory issues? We have been cutting 4aces of grass for the last 9years with a 54” riding mower and had an issue with it a couple weeks ago and decided it was time to get a tractor. I thought we would go pick out a tractor and get it in maybe a week. We ewe my to many dealers and kept getting the same answer we have lots on order we just don’t have any tractors here. We found a local dealer who finally had a LX2610 on the lot and a trailer for it. Went to talk with him we got really excited and then the news came. They had no loader on the lot, then it was we don’t have any of the attachments you want🤦🏼‍♂️. We are now 2weeks in they just got there hands on a loader and are still trying to get a bush hog, grapple, and a rear blade. Even worse news is our mower transmission just bit the dust while cutting the grass 😭 spoke to the dealer today but has no timeframe when he can get all the pieces and he says the forecast from his Kubota reps is bleak. Who would have ever thought this would be a thing? If you are in the market for a new tractor and implements my advice is to not hesitate because you can’t just go at the last minute and get what you need at least in my area.
According to the regional Kubota salesperson that I spoke with a few days ago, the supply situation will get worse.

SDT

Last edited:

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I love rustic...if you don't have laws that make you keep it cut then let it grow and allow the wildlife to enjoy it till you get your new tractor. It's amazing how the wildlife enjoy anything more than a golfcourse type setting.....relax and look forward to playing with the new toy.
we let our backyard overgrow one year just for fun, i only mowed to the sheds and a path to the firepit. tons of rabbits and a few deer all summer long.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Let the lawn grow and have a local farmer cut it for the hay.

swpflipper

Equipment
MX5400 HST, LA1065 FEL, HR2572 box blade - S30 flip Screen
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
there are so many things in short supply right now. Took me a couple months to get my MX5400. I just went to order a new freightliner truck. The first build date is August and now add for a chip problem. So I went used. I found I may need another tractor so I went ahead and ordered it now. Dealer says, oh just a few weeks. We if he is right great, if not so what Ill just work the one harder.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I also have been in your position. I use an old ford with 60" mmm for property upkeep and finish mowing (about 4+ acres also). I have found that those parts are getting rarer and priced like they are made of gold.
Like those that chimed in above, I ended up just cutting the critical close-in stuff, letting the rest grow and waiting on the eventual part/fix and in your case new tractor.

Regarding this topic, I ended up going with a local multi-outlet / bigger dealer for my L2501 that had the base tractor in stock and enough pull with the supply chain to get in my BH and other stuff in short order. They were the best to deal with (no BS); prob. only fair price in the big picture, but seem to be actually very good in today's market from info here. I expect the full delivery in under 4 weeks based on call yesterday.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
One of the problems we have is our 10% size in population compared to our brothers and sisters to the south... so guess who gets the implements first? Lol