Piranha Toothbar

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Oh, and the woman at Bx said "we're a little behind on our emails". I resisted the urge to suggest (rather pointedly) that nearly 3 weeks isn't "a little behind". I'm trying to become more gracious in my old age. Sometimes, I succeed.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Oh, and the woman at Bx said "we're a little behind on our emails". I resisted the urge to suggest (rather pointedly) that nearly 3 weeks isn't "a little behind". I'm trying to become more gracious in my old age. Sometimes, I succeed.
X2-on the gracious part. It gets difficult when we're all accustomed to "Amazon like" speed.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I'm a Neanderthal- I don't use Amazon. I wouldn't share a meal with Bezos- not gonna share my money with him either. Talk about Robber Barons- Bezos, Musk, Brin, so many others. Uh, oh- I just expressed an honest, unpopular opinion. The thought police won't like that.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
same here. Ordered a toothbar about a week ago. Hearing all the good stories about how they ship fast got my hopes up. Now i'm noticing a trend. I would assume a bar for a BX would be a standard item they have tons of laying around.
Hopefully the product is better than their speed right now.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I was curious about the wait times:

1st PTB (Toothless) ordered online 3/21, shipped 3/28 (7 days)
2nd PTB (Toothed) ordered via phone 4/5, shipped 4/22 (13 days)

When I ordered the second one, the lady on the phone mentioned they have had a large demand for the PTB and skid plates in the past few weeks.

The girl was very pleasant to speak with and was knowledgeable about the products.

Communication was fine: Got an email with order confirmation right away, and got another e-mail the day it shipped

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sunday pm, no shipping notice yet for me. Maybe I misunderstood the gentleman that said it would be shipped by Friday (or, he fibbed a little).

It's really not a problem as its still so wet here with more rain most of next week. Better days ahead (I hope).

Hope you others get some better news.

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
They would have hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in inventory if they pre-made extra bars for even popular bucket sizes. I***8217;d bet they cut to length and weld on the brackets as orders come in, thus some wait time. I just received a new unit and it took 15 days from order to shipping.
PS- If one was ordered in the middle of Winter when sales are slow it would probably arrive before you turned your cell phone off ! :)

Last edited:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Sunday pm, no shipping notice yet for me. Maybe I misunderstood the gentleman that said it would be shipped by Friday (or, he fibbed a little).

It's really not a problem as its still so wet here with more rain most of next week. Better days ahead (I hope).

Hope you others get some better news.

Ordered the 10th, confirmed the 11th. Told what on the phone?!? Still no ship date or response to any emails prior to call.

Utopia- they wouldn't have that much tied up in inventory if they had 4-6 of each in stock- there aren't a thousand different bucket sizes. Besides, they know what they sell the most of- they should inventory more of those than they do of something that doesn't move much. So, none of really slow movers, one of slow movers, and half a dozen of their most popular items, depending on annual volume, I suppose.

With the way their service has been on this adventure, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have arrived by the time I hung up my phone. Maybe by the time I paid my phone bill.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Ordered the 10th, confirmed the 11th. Told what on the phone?!? Still no ship date or response to any emails prior to call.

Utopia- they wouldn't have that much tied up in inventory if they had 4-6 of each in stock- there aren't a thousand different bucket sizes. Besides, they know what they sell the most of- they should inventory more of those than they do of something that doesn't move much. So, none of really slow movers, one of slow movers, and half a dozen of their most popular items, depending on annual volume, I suppose.

With the way their service has been on this adventure, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have arrived by the time I hung up my phone. Maybe by the time I paid my phone bill.
It may also not be their only or primary source of income, or they batch their work for efficiency, but I'm sure they would appreciate your business advice. :D

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Before a manufacturer can built up an inventory, production has to be greater than orders. Sounds to me like it is the opposite here.

Bruce

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
They did respond to my question with an email a few hours later. Told me estimated ship time was 14-15 days after order confirmation. She said she would add my order to her watch list and keep a close eye on it for me and follow up with me when it looks ready to ship. So at least that's something.

I think i'm like some of you other guys, I'm used to Amazon 2 day shipping and when things take a week or two, I get impatient. lol

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
It may also not be their only or primary source of income, or they batch their work for efficiency, but I'm sure they would appreciate your business advice. :D
I'd hope they batch work- one offs would really take any chance for profit out I'd think. And maybe they do build inventory in the winter and it gets wiped out in the spring. It's just been a frustrating adventure. I received a shipping notice this morning, so now that it's started raining, it'll show up- lol.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Every tractor forum I visit, Piranha tooth bars get suggested to guys looking. They have to be super busy, and this is the busy time of year with everyone wanting to get out, and get projects done.

Like Motorcycle and Camper sales in the spring, snowmobile sales in the late fall/winter. Busy seasons, plus they are growing in popularity.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Well, the story gets better- the tooth bar came yesterday around 5 via our good friends at FedEx. At 5:05, I had the box opened, the bar out, the bucket up a bit, and the bit ready to go. I went to fit the bar in place to clamp. The bucket on the la211 loader is 36 3/8. They should have sent a 36 1/2 or 36 1/4 bar. They sent a 37 inch bar. The ONLY good news is that they actually answered the phone and I only had to listen to that lousy loud hold music for about 20 seconds. The guy on the phone says someone who needed a 37" probably received the 36 1/4" and we got his. Kinda like my life insurance app being declined because they said my psa was 15 (which, to those of you in the know, meant I was probably terminal)- subsequent testing I was 3. So, some schmuck out there applied for insurance, got my 3 for a score, got the policy issued, and died a year later maybe. Which would be poetic justice for the insurer I guess. Anyway- he's going to check the factory about a replacement and call me back. I told him I want it tomorrow. If it wasn't so wet from all the rain, I'd be REALLY pissed instead of mildly irritated. Well, more than mildly....

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
dggot,

uggh. That's terrible.

I ordered mine on 4/2 and was told it would ship last week. Still nothing from them...no tracking info...nothing. At this point, I'm about ready to cancel my order and refute the charges to my CC. They charged my card the same day I placed the order.

Not happy with BXpanded at all.

PS. just had my PSA's checked (2.4)...go in for a wonderful biopsy next week. Not looking forward to it at all.:eek:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
DirtyDeed- You must be fairly young if a 2.4 calls for a biopsy- unless you've been getting them for a while and it's a departure from your trendline. Buopsy is no fun- They shove a tube up your ass, then go in with a 20 foot (more like 8") biopsy needle. The tube is not small. First, you get to deal with the humiliation of having a female nurse watch some guy shove something where it shouldn't be, then you get the joy of the biopsy. Have them load you up with the local- my first biopsy stung like hell every time they took a sample, and they take 12 or so. He loaded me up the second time, so it wasn't as bad, except I get no joy from the tube and humiliation. They decided mine, which wasn't supposed to be an issue until I'm in my 80's had grown and had to be taken out, so I had surgery. When they biopsied the whole thing, it turns out it hadn't grown, and wasn't more aggressive and I didn't need to have it taken out. Not overjoyed, but it could be worse. If you get to that point, start working your keegles or whatever they're called- I don't have a problem with leaking, but most do. If you do have the surgery, you'll piss faster than a 4 year old after. lol

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
just got off the phone w/ BXpanded. My order will ship tomorrow (I heard that last week as well).

Doc was already pushing surgery on me...said I'd be a great candidate...I'm 53, and in fairly decent shape...so I got the impression that he was trying for a successful case study. We'll see what happens in a few weeks. :(

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I talked to them last week about the root ripper and quick connect for my backhoe. Super nice guy, said they got inundated with orders this spring all at once and just weren't prepared for those numbers. Growing pains for the company, but good for it in the long run. Turns out they are local just down the road in Knoxville. I didn't realize that when I ordered. He said they'd call me when it's ready and I can just pick it up and they'll refund the shipping charges. I thought that was good customer service for a fast growing company.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
just got off the phone w/ BXpanded. My order will ship tomorrow (I heard that last week as well).

Doc was already pushing surgery on me...said I'd be a great candidate...I'm 53, and in fairly decent shape...so I got the impression that he was trying for a successful case study. We'll see what happens in a few weeks. :(

DirtyDeed- or making a mortgage payment.....

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Also, DirtyDeed- my gf has been in urology for 12 years. Anything under 4 for your age isn't too far out, unless you have been running lower in the past and all of a sudden jumped, but this isn't medical advice.

What's your history on psa?

pm me if you want