Piranha Toothbar

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
That Piranha Tooth bar is the shizzle! I take up big rocks like that often. Before I got the Piranha Tooth bar the bucket edge would just slip off the rock without moving it enough to gain purchase to lift the rock out of the ground. Now using the Piranha Tooth bar it gets enough purchase on the rock to flip it out of the hole. I cannot say enough good things about that thing.
Couldn’t agree more! I plan to order mine soon! What is this I hear about a Black Friday sale?

Any attachment that can nearly Double the use of something like a loader/bucket is worth it’s weight in gold IMO, specially if used in the right circumstances. Even for $300 price point I think that it’s torallt worth it and judging by what others have said it sounds like this tooth bar stays sharp for years to come and is extremely durable.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
It works really well if you can "hook" a part of the stump between the "Vs" of the bar, then curl. I dont cut roots any more, I just expose them enough to wrap a chain around them then snap or drag em out with the tractor, too.
Cool! I'll have to give that a try!

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I have removed a lot of brush and dug a lot of dirt with my PTB. I have since graduated to removing 4-5" trees. We are trying to reclaim some of our food plots as the trees have started to encroach on the perimeter. All it takes is a couple of scoops to loosen the roots on one side and then just push it over with the loader. An amazing tool for sure.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
$400 for my 84 inch bucket :(. I have a grapple, so hopefully the PTB will not be needed. However, it sure looks useful!

Auafahrt

Jun 28, 2018
Vermont
I just added one to the 60" bucket on my new B2650. No issues mounting it and so far so good. My first accessory, had to try it out before I took a picture!

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
SSQA.

I just bought the tractor in July. Maybe it's something they started doing just recently.
Not by me, I bought mine in August and just got it on Friday. 60" bucket SSQA. Maybe some other members will chime in to what they're seeing or how that option was included. You definitely didn't request it or add it on?

Auafahrt

Jun 28, 2018
Vermont
Not by me, I bought mine in August and just got it on Friday. 60" bucket SSQA. Maybe some other members will chime in to what they're seeing or how that option was included. You definitely didn't request it or add it on?
Interesting.

This is my first tractor and definitely do not recall requesting the hook on the bucket. But you have piqued my curiosity so I just looked at my paperwork from the dealer and it just lists the loader option with no mention of any upgrades.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
Interesting.

This is my first tractor and definitely do not recall requesting the hook on the bucket. But you have piqued my curiosity so I just looked at my paperwork from the dealer and it just lists the loader option with no mention of any upgrades.
Same here. First tractor. Cool you go the hook though! Bonus! :)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Got mine mounted a few days ago. Needed to clear some dirt at the end of the county culvert, normally a job for the backhoe. I set the bucket on the ground at a 45, lifted the front of the tractor for down pressure, drove forward while curling the bucket. It sliced into the ground like it was butter. I dumped the scooped material and repeated the process from the opposite direction. Just two scoops and I had a nice well at the end of the culvert. Simply amazing.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Next, I scraped some material (about 7 full buckets) out of the water course at the opposite end of the same culvert. Hardest part was not letting it go too deep, because it cuts so easily.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
In conclusion, this thing is awesome. If I had to find something to snivel about, it would be that this thing is heavy. Mounted way forward on the bucket, it acts even heavier. Not a big deal for most modern, larger tractors, but on my little, antique B7100, it noticeably cuts down on what I can easily lift. Full bucket of slightly damp, sandy, dirt/clay mix material would seldom trigger the pressure bypass previously, but with this on, I was hitting the pressure relief occasionally.
Not a big deal, just a re-adjustment in technique.

Perhaps one day when I get time, I will "swiss cheese" it.
(drill a bunch of holes in it to lighten it)
It is certainly built stout enough to remove some material without compromising strength, just have to calculate how much I could lighten it vs how much work it would be.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Anyone used the PTB to pull buckthorn? I want to pull it out by the roots instead of cutting and stump spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Anyone used the PTB to pull buckthorn? I want to pull it out by the roots instead of cutting and stump spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've removed a number of trees this Fall with my PTB. I can hook some trees and pull them out roots and all but most just bend over or get skinned up. I've started to take a scoop or two to loosen the roots. I dump the dirt right where I scoop it and push the tree over. I then work the root ball and push it out of the hole. It has worked every time.