Pin on loader pins

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
Has anyone ever changed out the pins on their FEL with pins that have handles on them. I am trying to make it easier to remove and install them.
I am in the process of making a frame for some pallet forks and I was thinking this would make it easier to swap from bucket to forks.
I know about all of quick attach stuff but I am way to cheap to for that.
I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything like that. Thanks for any advice.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My personal experience with pin on buckets is that they tend to need a little help getting put back in with a soft blow hammer. The handle would not be helpful.

Quick Attach is helpful.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
My personal experience with pin on buckets is that they tend to need a little help getting put back in with a soft blow hammer. The handle would not be helpful.

Quick Attach is helpful.
Some have handles that pivot out of the way, but the pins also would not be grease-able.

Q/A would be nice.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
BTDT re making pin on pallet fork frame. Welded rings to the pins as handles, grooved the pins for greasing,also bevelled the front of the pins.
Biggest need is to have a flat,level pad longer than tractor and bucket to make it easier(not 'easy') to align the 4 pins. Helps if parking brake works on tractor too.

if you can make a pellet fork frame(easy....),you can make an SSQA frame(ends with levers are available).
just remember no matter how old you get, you don't get any younger !

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I bought large (4”) chain links (from TSC) and welded them onto the ends of my pins. They make great handles. (I also did not like the idea of losing lifting capacity in a conversion from pin-on to SSQA adaptors AND also having to modify my existing bucket and forks to accept the SSQA, so I solved the problem in a different way, as posted previously. Here is where I discussed that: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/question.55978/#post-524995

IMG_2328.jpeg