Quick attach options

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
My Grand L 3130 with a 723 loader has the pin on bucket. Called EA today and they said to look at their, i thought he said WR long open bottom model, as that is for pin on type mount. Anyone seen or used this type as it looks much different than the 55?

Reactions: 1 user

Jasper2018

Equipment
Kubota L3130. LA723 FEL, L3901 HST, LA525, bush hog rotary cutter,
May 25, 2021
Florida
I changed from pin to EA's their SSQA. The adapter plate and third function were both purchased from EA. Both had WR long labels. Adapter to tractor is pretty simple to mount. If you get a adapter plate for bucket, make sure it is welded on correctly.

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Looks like this is the route I will go with the conversion to a quick attach system.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you already have a pin-on bucket… the most-common advice is to go to a SSQA adapator and buy SSQA implements from now on.

This has some downsides not often noticed: The SSQA modification is heavy and reduces lift-capacity of the loader. It is not an inexpensive modification…
It also requires changing the method of attachment of your existing bucket.
If you already have other implements it means you must also either discard them…or modify them to the SSQA system also…in every case adding weight (reducing capacity).
Obviously, any purchases of addt’l implements must be SSQA style.

There is another method. You can obtain pin-on adaptors which will mate with other pin-on implements…AND …can also use a SSQA adaptor …(should you need to use both types of equipment.)

I acquired mine form danannah@gmail.com Cost was about $400 and virtually no deduction in lifting capacity.
He’s in Canada and made mine and shipped them very quickly. (and my M4700 was an odd size.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
If you already have a pin-on bucket… the most-common advice is to go to a SSQA adapator and buy SSQA implements from now on.

This has some downsides not often noticed: The SSQA modification is heavy and reduces lift-capacity of the loader. It is not an inexpensive modification…
If you already have other implements it means you must also either discard them…or modify them to the SSQA system also…in every case adding weight (reducing capacity).

There is another method. You can obtain pin-on adaptors which will mate with other pin-on implements…AND …can also use a SSQA adaptor …(should you need to use both types of equipment.)

I acquired mine form danannah@gmail.com Cost was about $400 and virtually no deduction in lifting capacity.
He’s in Canada and made mine and shipped them very quickly. (and my M4700 was an odd size.)
Wow that looks pretty good.
Thank you for that. That is a great idea. Now my brain is really smokin.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wow that looks pretty good.
Thank you for that. That is a great idea. Now my brain is really smokin.
YEp. I leave the upper pins in all my implements…that way I only have to install lower pins when I change implements. Quick-and-Easy-and-Cheap and retains virtually all the lifting capacity.

PLUS … I can buy implements that other folks sell cheap because they consider them “pin-on…doesn’t fit their SSQA.

Reactions: 1 user

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana

Does this conversion have to use pin on attachments? If so, who makes a pin on grapple?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Does this conversion have to use pin on attachments? If so, who makes a pin on grapple?
<edit> Notice that the video above actually uses a pin-on grapple in the demonstration.<edit>

I don’t know much about grapples…. but there are pin-on SSQA adapters which you can pin-on to your FEL…then they mate to a SSQA implement. cost is usually less than $500. (I believe Titan has such for less than $300 which you weld pin-loops to so it will fit your pin-on loader…then it will pick up any SSQA implement.

Homestead Implements and Everything Attachments both will make a grapple for your pin on loader. There may be others.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don’t know much about grapples…. but there are pin-on SSQA adapters which you can pin-on to your FEL…then they mate to a SSQA implement. cost is usually less than $500. (I believe Titan has such for less than $300 which you weld pin-loops to so it will fit your pin-on loader…then it will pick up any SSQA implement.

Homestead Implements and Everything Attachments both will make a grapple for your pin on loader. There may be others.
Why not save the abuse and cost and just get an SSQA adapter?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Why not save the abuse and cost and just get an SSQA adapter?
I’m guessing you must not have seen my earlier comments about loss of lift capacity (due to added arm/distance and weight of SSQA adapters…. and the simplicity of the small/light adaptor that makes pin-on as quick and easy….(in fact, easier IMO than a SSQA… see the video)…and Much Less Cost.
Plus no problems of bent SSQA levers, etc.

AND….speaking of saving Cost: The little pin-on adaptor was a WHOLE lot cheaper than me having to buy SSQA adaptors …and then having to modify my existing implements. ($400 and use my existing implements as-is.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That adapter moves it out the same distance as the SSQA adapter, so that point is moot.
And the difference in weight between the two is very small.
I've had zero issues with bent levers or anything like that and I run it on my tractor and my Bobcat so I don't really see the issue there.
You can buy just about any implement in SSQA, where you would have to make your implements to fit a pin on set up.
But to each there own, use whatever you think is best for you.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
That adapter moves it out the same distance as the SSQA adapter, so that point is moot.
And the difference in weight between the two is very small.
I've had zero issues with bent levers or anything like that and I run it on my tractor and my Bobcat so I don't really see the issue there.
You can buy just about any implement in SSQA, where you would have to make your implements to fit a pin on set up.
But to each there own, use whatever you think is best for you.
No…it does not move it out the same distance…because it is smaller than the distance created by the SSQA hardware. And the difference in weight is not small…it is 3 or 4 times more (than the suggestion offered) with the SSQA on the loader-side..and even more on the implement side) of which the pin-on implement suffers Zero additional weight because it is unchanged….it remains “pin on”.

You’ve had zero issues with bent levers because you’re a better/more-experienced user than most. These forums have more than one example of failed SSQA equipment because the user had brush or other interference bend and ”jam” the levers so that they then fail to work.…OR…the SSQA gets bent when the loader is stressed Un-Equally such as when picking up a long log, etc. In-fact, you are the person who’s been most helpful in pointing out that users have to be careful not to damage their fragile SSQA levers when using grapples and similar implements that might contact the debris or material when using the system.

You can buy/find just about any implement in pin-on style ..… many times more in the used market…..in fact, pin on is the Original style for tractor FELs and is common in older equipment.. However, we will agree, most NEW implements are offered in SSQA and if one is buying a NEW tractor that is likely the best choice…. BUT…the problem remains for many buyers of Used equipment which is still “pin on” …and I’m only suggesting an alternative to the standard/common recommendation to spend a lot of money and give up more lifting capacity converting to SSQA they may not need…than a simpler system which MAY be exactly all they need.

It has been especially satisfactory for me.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just love it when the title of the thread is "Question" when it really should be "Debate".

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just love it when the title of the thread is "Question" when it really should be "Debate".
It certainly does seem to be a worthwhile debate.
Though I do use only SSQA attachments, I now know that there is another method.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The loss of lift capacity is about 100# for my itty bitty BX23S, so I need to make 6 trips instead of 5 , which doesn't bother me. Now if it's a single lift, I just remove bucket or pallet forks and lift using the SSQA frame.
The problem with not using SSQA is 'compatibilty', you can't borrow other attachments or use them on your other tractors.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
….……
The problem with not using SSQA is 'compatibilty', you can't borrow other attachments or use them on your other tractors.
Actually…you CAN… by simply purchasing for $97 a SSQA “pin-on-to-SSQA” adaptor. Using your pins,,,,attach this adaptor to your pin-on loader…and drive up to and grab any SSQA implement: https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Un...h2EQWQYkUoXBKRY7TzmCyzfB1SQOEYI8aAmNpEALw_wcB

If you’ve already done the pin-on quick-attach I’ve been fond of… simply buy this $97 adaptor…and pin this SSQA adaptor onto your pin-on loader…and go pick up any SSQA implement.

IMG_2331.png

Last edited: