pin bent on loader need help figuring out why and how to fix

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
The small bolt that holds the stand arms bent on the loader allowing the arm to drag. I straightened the pin and have the arm up but it is obviously not in the correct position. is the only purpose of the pin to hold up the stand arm? I have been meticulous about maintenance so I am not sure why it bent. I was doing routine dirt moving when it bent and the arm came down and did considerable lawn damage before I realized. Can I just put a longer bolt in or is something out of alignment that needs to be addressed. By the way I have not and most likely will not take the loader off.
P1010467.JPG
P1010468.JPG

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe have a look at the other side to see if it's got the same parts and compare ? If same, swap and see if the problem 'goes away'. New funny bolt might not be expensive ?
I thought about removing all the 'loader stand' stuff after a similar incident but then WHERE would I keep it ? Unless under lock and key ,someone would 'borrow' a nut or something, then when I NEED the stand , I'm 'out of luck'.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I bent the same one! No clue how. I was going to just get a replacement for TSC, but ended up getting one from the dealer since I was heading there anyway. I think it cost me .80 and took me 10 seconds to swap out. Am interested to see what people think happened. I was doing grapple work so something may have got in there but it bent it pretty darn good.

Attachments

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Well this is why I say the quick tach stuff on these little FEL looks like it belongs on a MTD lawn mower. It’s weak and flimsy. If it works right, it saves maybe 50% the effort and a couple minutes of installing/removing a loader. I had to laugh when I noticed the sheet metal levers for the FEL on my B2601 vibrated so badly one of them hit the side of the slot it is in. This was before I left the dealer I noticed this hour zero on the tractor. I mentioned/showed it to the sales guy, he didn’t care. I slipped a piece of vinyl hose over it to keep it from vibrating.

I saw a guy on You Tube unceremoniously remove all the quick tach parts from his little Kubota FEL. Didn’t look like he intended to ever reinstall them. I might have laughed.

I really like the FEL stand assembly for my L3830. Yup I do have to get off and on the tractor a couple times. But it’s a good system without 10 extra moving parts that are better suited for a Timex than a tractor.

As much trouble as I went to, to not spell attach correctly, now I realize it’s swift tach not quick tach.

Last edited:

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
thank you for all the responses I will get some pictures of the other side. I wish I knew more when I bought the tractor I cannot imagine a situation where I will take the loader off so should have not gotten the quick tach loader. you are making a good point to remove the loader stand stuff it hangs down low enough that in the bush it can and probably did catch on roots or branches.
I bent the same one! No clue how. I was going to just get a replacement for TSC, but ended up getting one from the dealer since I was heading there anyway. I think it cost me .80 and took me 10 seconds to swap out. Am interested to see what people think happened. I was doing grapple work so something may have got in there but it bent it pretty darn good.
that is exactly what mine looked like

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
You must have some other method of snow removal (or live on the south shore between HFX and Yarmouth maybe)

I take my FEL off to put on a front-mounted snowblower, which lives on there ~6months/year from from mid-Nov->mid April. My #1 reason for owning this MTD, errr, Kubota BX

Reactions: 1 user

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
You must have some other method of snow removal (or live on the south shore between HFX and Yarmouth maybe)

I take my FEL off to put on a front-mounted snowblower, which lives on there ~6months/year from from mid-Nov->mid April. My #1 reason for owning this MTD, errr, Kubota BX
I have a quick attach 72" snow plow blade HLA I only had to use it a couple of times this winter but it worked great. A snow blower would have been great but I wanted to use the loader deep into the winter as we sometimes do not have snow until late. I needed the backhoe and loader into mid January this year. My loader subs as my firewood trailer.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I have a quick attach 72" snow plow blade HLA I only had to use it a couple of times this winter but it worked great. A snow blower would have been great but I wanted to use the loader deep into the winter as we sometimes do not have snow until late. I needed the backhoe and loader into mid January this year. My loader subs as my firewood trailer.
Must be nice ! Sometimes NB & NS are sooooo different. There are times I could be measuring the overnight snowfall in yards or meters. o_O LOL

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Must be nice ! Sometimes NB & NS are sooooo different. There are times I could be measuring the overnight snowfall in yards or meters. o_O LOL
We lived in beaver harbor for awhile. and listen to St John radio and the weather is so different. Blacks harbor fog horn was a common event. We hear Digby foghorn maybe 4 times a year.