Picture of your tractor on your trailer

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Since you mentioned not actually having the tractor yet, thought a few pics of a L4701 on a 16’ trailer might be helpful. By the time you load the rear tires or add wheel weights, loader, implement, etc. you’re on point with tractor weight.
Thanks, I've seen some of your photos on other threads, which gave me confidence it should fit/be able to distribute the load reasonably on a 16' trailer without a rear implement (and if with loader, without bucket/grapple/etc).

I will never buy another trailer with 3500lb axles. The inner wheel bearings have zero shoulder to seat against when you consider the large radius on the bearing. The 2-3/8” axle tubes are pathetic and the electric brakes are marginal. After going to the expense of upgrading the axles, I won’t be doing that again
Are 3.5k axles really that inferior? If one were only ever going to trailer lumber, mulch, hay, and a side-by-side (rather than a 5k+ tractor), would you still recommend one go with 5k rated axles for the reasons you mention?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks, I've seen some of your photos on other threads, which gave me confidence it should fit/be able to distribute the load reasonably on a 16' trailer without a rear implement (and if with loader, without bucket/grapple/etc).

Are 3.5k axles really that inferior? If one were only ever going to trailer lumber, mulch, hay, and a side-by-side (rather than a 5k+ tractor), would you still recommend one go with 5k rated axles for the reasons you mention?
10K.....Only !!!!!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion

I want nothing to do with a product that has faulty engineering. It is bad enough that trailers are thrown together with little regard to workmanship. I have discussed the bearings having no significant lateral support on other forums and folks just don't get it. Anyone that can measure, or read blueprints should be able to see the problem. I won't get into another argument about the problem on this forum because I am convinced that people want to keep their heads implanted in a dark place. You may not ever need higher capacity axles, but you have no choice if you want something that is designed correctly.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
I want nothing to do with a product that has faulty engineering. It is bad enough that trailers are thrown together with little regard to workmanship. I have discussed the bearings having no significant lateral support on other forums and folks just don't get it. Anyone that can measure, or read blueprints should be able to see the problem. I won't get into another argument about the problem on this forum because I am convinced that people want to keep their heads implanted in a dark place. You may not ever need higher capacity axles, but you have no choice if you want something that is designed correctly.
Just to be sure, I wasn't looking to challenge or argue with you on the point -- more trying to understand if you were arguing for getting a heavier-rated trailer, or whether you truly felt there's a big quality difference in the 3.5k and 5k axle. Sounds like the latter -- thank you for sharing that.

I'm having to learn a lot about many different things lately (tractors, trailers, digging + stocking a pond, building a house, backfilling a foundation for a workshop, etc etc etc). I always like to understand things at their root, but that takes a while. It's very helpful to hear/read/see others' assessments of the same, to have as a starting point.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Given how strongly you feel, surely you'll willing to help pay the upgrade charge to ensure I get the right trailer, yes? Great! :cool:
Nope!
You buy an undersized trailer.....you take your chances!
You might even attract the attention of your state police.
I do not provide trailer subsidies.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Fooled around with the new trailer today. It really shrunk when tractor and landscape rake are sitting on the deck. I was able to reach over the tailgate of the truck with the loader. That will help some for sure. Lastly, I'll need to come up a with a simpler solution for securing the forks. Maybe some heavy duty ratchet straps or cam/buckle strap?

EA rake.JPG
Fork Carrier.JPG

Trailer Dump.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

GrappleDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
New Kubota L2501
Mar 19, 2022
jackson NY
The only pic I have of my L2501 on my trailer
That truck was replaced with an 05 F350 single wheel pickup which I built a flatbed dump on it.

Reactions: 6 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
dawn patrol this morning ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

this looks sketchy AF with a full bucket, I like your style Steve!!!! :ROFLMAO:
ahhh, good to go. Fk it.

Did you get back home yet? Spring arrived.

edit: never mind. I see you got that frozen driveway finished off...welcome home.

Last edited:
  • Haha

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
B3C3390A-848F-48B4-B0AF-618A73FEBEC1.jpeg

Loaded up a little while back. I have a love/hate relationship with this dump trailer

Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
View attachment 77474

Loaded up a little while back. I have a love/hate relationship with this dump trailer
When I was shopping for a dump trailer I was specifically hoping to be able to load my tractor in it.
But just can’t do it on a 10K bumper-pull dump-trailer. Tractor Rear wheels 1” too wide…. and the next trailer size up req’d a goose-neck and the trailer bed was too high off the ground anyway.

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
When I was shopping for a dump trailer I was specifically hoping to be able to load my tractor in it.
But just can’t do it on a 10K bumper-pull dump-trailer. Tractor Rear wheels 1” too wide…. and the next trailer size up req’d a goose-neck and the trailer bed was too high off the ground anyway.
Right. So mine is 7x12, and it’s a stretch getting it comfortably in there and I have a BX. It can be a challenge avoiding too much tongue weight. If I have the backhoe off and am trailering implements, one has to be backed on (box blade), unhooked, and tractor turned back around, and the other (landscape rake) put in the bed of my truck. Less than ideal hauling setup. But there are times where the dump trailer has been invaluable. But I am currently on the hunt for a longer equipment trailer

Its also a heavy trailer for my F150

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
But I am currently on the hunt for a longer equipment trailer

Its also a heavy trailer for my F150
There may be one becoming available in your neck of woods in a few weeks...ahem B737

• Haha

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The Aluminum Falcon is destine to carry all things orange!!

Last edited:

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Fooled around with the new trailer today. It really shrunk when tractor and landscape rake are sitting on the deck. I was able to reach over the tailgate of the truck with the loader. That will help some for sure. Lastly, I'll need to come up a with a simpler solution for securing the forks. Maybe some heavy duty ratchet straps or cam/buckle strap?

View attachment 76782

thats an amazing idea and im going to steal it.... never though about putting my forks on the wide liek that. i figured i would just but the BB or the bucket on the forks and load it like that. however I know know whats on my list of trailer mods... currently im planning on 2 secured yet removable fuel can holders for the stake pockets. with the price of diesel i dont want to have them easy to steal.