Picture of your tractor on your trailer

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Lets see some pics of your BX,'s, B's and L's on your trailers to see how your tractor fits on your trailer. Tell what size trailer you have and if you like the set up or would like to change trailer type or size or both and why. Do you have room for extra implements ? Is your trailer Low Profile, BeaverTail or Deck Over? Ladder Ramps or Slide In ramps? If you dont have a pic of your tractor on your trailer then how about describe your set up and if you like it or want to change it. I'm considering the different trailer options, wondering what works best and what to stay away from. Seems like a good idea to have those ramps with a foot to the ground or rear stabilizer jacks or something similar so the trailer and rear of truck don't raise up off the ground when loading and unloading a heavy tractor. What do you guys have ?

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

I hadn't got all the straps wrapped up, but I wrap them up to prevent them from flying around in the wind.

Trailer is 12,000lbs rated trailer. Trailer weighs ~2,700lbs. If I have the bucket and box blade on, tractor weight is ~6,500. SUV is rated for 9,200lbs of towing.

Trailer is 20 feet, split loading ramp, and brakes on both axles.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CrashmanS

Equipment
BX25
Aug 2, 2014
Buckhannon WV
Here's my BX25 in my dump trailer. It's an awesome combo. This dump trailer is a 10,000 lb with loading ramps. This was when I first got the trailer. I load it backwards now because frontways the backhoe hit the ground when I backed it out or drove it in.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
miketrock, got any pictures of you tractor on your trailer?

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Here's my BX25 in my dump trailer. It's an awesome combo. This dump trailer is a 10,000 lb with loading ramps. This was when I first got the trailer. I load it backwards now because frontways the backhoe hit the ground when I backed it out or drove it in.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Is your trailer 12' long ?

Last edited:

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
BX24 on an 18ft Liberty 7,000 lb car hauler. Ramps slide in the side and I have wood blocks I put under the back of the trailer when loading the tractor. I looked at several different brands of trailers and picked the Liberty because it has brakes on both axles and the ramps are stamped steel opposed to the angle iron ramps most trailers have.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
How long is your trailer? 20' ?
Yes, 20 ft.

You asked if there was anything I would change, I would like an F250 to pull it with. The SUV does fine no further than we haul it, but I would like a little bigger vehicle to pull it with. Yet since we have a daughter in college, will have to make do for a little while.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
I like how those dump trailers can do double duty: 1- haul your tractor and, 2- haul and dump (dirt,sand,stone,logs,branches).

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
B2650 on 16 foot Holmes landscape trailer. This is the trailer I used for part time landscaping business when I had my old BX23.

I'd like to upgrade the trailer to an 18 foot aluminum flat deck trailer with a dovetail and stake pockets.

Attachments

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Big Tex trailer 30 foot 14,500 gvw.
L2501 with a 14 foot hayride wagon
L2501 with a roller and box blade
L2501 and 312 Wheelhorse

I hate the Big Tex but it will work for now.

Attachments

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I went with the car hauler since there are no side rails to interfere with side loading. Fold up ramps interfere with loading pallets from the rear with a forklift unless there is enough room between them. I built removable sides for hauling loose materials. Stake pocket mounted D-rings work better for hooking tie downs to than hooking them under the stake pockets.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

L3200 with the hoe on 18ft trailer. Have to run the rear tires up on blocks to get the hoe to clear, have short ramps. Tractor with loader and 5ft bush hog on, mower hangs about 2ft off the back. Pull with 05 F250, rear gets light when loading with the hoe on,but doesn’t lift off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I have a 24' pipe top tilt trailer that I carry my L6060 on. There is room for the Tractor with the front loader or the limb cutter on the front and a 6' bush hog on the back. I could load additional implements and let the bush hog hang off the back a tad.

Crazy enough: I bought this tilt trailer in New Orleans LA from a scrap dealer who pulled it out of his pile. It was missing an axle, was rusted to heck and of course had rotten deck boards. I gave $400 for it.....

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
I went with the car hauler since there are no side rails to interfere with side loading. Fold up ramps interfere with loading pallets from the rear with a forklift unless there is enough room between them. I built removable sides for hauling loose materials. Stake pocket mounted D-rings work better for hooking tie downs to than hooking them under the stake pockets.
Looks really nice, I had thoughts of doing something similar to get more use out the trailer besides hauling the tractor.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have a 24' pipe top tilt trailer that I carry my L6060 on. There is room for the Tractor with the front loader or the limb cutter on the front and a 6' bush hog on the back. I could load additional implements and let the bush hog hang off the back a tad.

Crazy enough: I bought this tilt trailer in New Orleans LA from a scrap dealer who pulled it out of his pile. It was missing an axle, was rusted to heck and of course had rotten deck boards. I gave $400 for it.....
Next time you find a need to replace the wooden deck boards.... consider replacing them with 6” or 8” C-purlins from your metal-bldg supply. They’ll outlive you AND your great grandkids and make the trailer a LOT stronger if you weld them together at the cross-supports.

I did this when I mfr’d a trailer from an axle-only and it’s also been very helpful to reposition items on the trailer as that metal floor makes it easy. At the same time I fabricated “telescoping-stilts” at the rear corners using pipe inside larger pipe and 1/2” pins to support the rear of the trailer when driving heavy equipment onto the trailer.

I had hoped to be able to use my 10K Dump Trailer to haul my M4700DT but the tractor wheel-width is 1” too wide. :(

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
20' 9900lb rated.
This is a pretty normal haul, it seems like I always have a couple attachments with me.

trailer.jpg

Last edited: