Photo shoot anything lately? Random Photo Thread

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I have 8 video cameras in the woods near our house to capture the various wildlife in the area. In particular we have a fox den about 50m from our house. Every year they return in late fall, have their litter of kits and leave in the spring. Usually one or two are spotted throughout the year.
The cameras are lit at night by off camera infrared lights. The animals or humans can't see the light at all. Here is a screen grab from 11:15 last night.

1613574867969.png

He (she) is just sitting by the largest den located in a dry water course. I'm waiting to see the kits. They are fun to photograph or get video clips of.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My brother used to fly the A10 - Nice Photo...
They used to have a squadron based at Bradley Field, just outside of Hartford. In the old days I would go to airports to photograph landings and takeoffs of commercial airliners (something you would probably get shot for today). Once in a while the Warthogs would be doing their thing. Pretty impressive!

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
ayak what drone are you using? I have a Phantom 4 Pro but haven't used it in a while (not big on going out in the snow with it :) ). I used to take it to state parks to do some shooting but that's not allowed now. I have given some thought to taking off 'near' the parks and then flying over them. The state has no jurisdiction of airspace (over 200'). Not really sure I want to test that theory tho . . .

I'm obviously a beginner when it come to aerial photography :)

Kent Falls State Park

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
One of my friends had this wood sculpture made. It's in his front yard and 10' tall. It was all done by chainsaw by an artist from the Berkshires (MA)

groot_20210223.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
ayak what drone are you using? I have a Phantom 4 Pro but haven't used it in a while (not big on going out in the snow with it :) ). I used to take it to state parks to do some shooting but that's not allowed now. I have given some thought to taking off 'near' the parks and then flying over them. The state has no jurisdiction of airspace (over 200'). Not really sure I want to test that theory tho . . .

I'm obviously a beginner when it come to aerial photography :)

Kent Falls State Park
On a Mavic2 Zoom now for two years, which replaced a 3 year old Phantom4 that had one of the arms break off in mid-flight. That fog must have been icy as the props needed de-icing upon return. :oops:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My longest solo mc ride - 13k+ miles, 18 days, in a 'plumper' time :)

_O0J4174_a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Today. This is our dry season. That is not a pond, is just a low spot in my front yard which I mowed less than a month ago.
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG