Phone SPAM messages question

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Forwarding unanswered calls to google voice for my voice mail has eliminated 99% of spam messages and 100% of robo-caller messages. No more "Duck cleaning" messages filling up my VM.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: No more "Duck cleaning" messages

aww, and I thought I was the only one getting those....:)

got fed up and finally said 'OK,made appointment.when they came (1/2hr late), I said sorry, that guy doesn't live here.... hehehehehe months later ,after more calls, they came a 2nd time !!! 'sorry,no I'm not Mr. X, huh??
Whats interesting is that their call centers are NOT in Canada, can place 1,000s of long distance calls, daily yet WE have very high telecom charges.....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I kept getting calls selling stuff late at night early in the morning every day. So like so many OLD GUYS,I started messing with them too. One guy kept calling and had a very thick Indian accent,, ello dis iz Bob from what ever it was,, wanting to speak with my wife about something,,
She called us yesterday about something, this was after she had passed away. After the 3rd or 4th call and telling them she passed away, I answered the phone, and in my best official government voice. Hello Pittsburgh police homicide, sergeant Friday. He says can I talk to ,, (my wife), I said this is homicide, do you have a homicide to report? He says what is homicide ? I said did you kill someone or saw someone get killed ? No why says he. Says I thats what homicide is the killing of one human by another. Now do you have a homicide to report ? He said no I will remove this number from the list,, havent heard from him again

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
For a while before Iphones had built in call blocking I would answer spam calls as Hello, Mchenry County Sheriffs department.

click

just so happens that the first 6 numbers of my phone match one of their lines :)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Recently I started receiving a message on my phone that are addressed to ten or twenty sequential numbers including mine. Meaning my number was in there around the others that were in the sequence of numbers provided as to where the messages were sent to.

IF anyone replies to this spam message, I get the reply.

If I want to block the numbers, I need to do it 20 times, and I realize I am blocking numbers that are as innocent as I am, so I do not do that.

Is there any relief? This almost seems like it should be a criminal act on the part of the perpetrator.

What is wrong with our regulators that they permit this to occur?

Should sign this as Pi$$ed off in Pittsburgh...
Hi there Henro, I am pleased to receve your request of question about spam and blocking numbers. It is my pleasure to allow you into my spam free vip member only club. I only need to verify your existance and not a bot so therefore please send along quickly your credit card information and social security number.

-Barrister Smith, Nigerian foriegn spam affairs office of compliance

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi there Henro, I am pleased to receve your request of question about spam and blocking numbers. It is my pleasure to allow you into my spam free vip member only club. I only need to verify your existance and not a bot so therefore please send along quickly your credit card information and social security number.

-Barrister Smith, Nigerian foriegn spam affairs office of compliance
Dear Barrister Smith, fortunately I was able to see your real identity and can reply directly to your motionclone personality.

Due to superior performance in these areas, I have elected to have Skeets represent me. Please contact him directly. I trust him because he also resides in South Western PA.

As a backup, I have elected to draft Hagrid if needed.

Neither Skeets or Hagrid are aware of this decision, but I am sure they will accommodate your regarding my needs if you contact them. :ROFLMAO:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
As Henros psychoanalyst I am willing to offer any help that I can. He has been on life support for the past 60+ years, and he cannot come to the phone. Send me lots of $$$$ and I will be glad to have an intervention for him. If you don't want to send me money, then go to Helen Waite and negotiate there.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
After starting this thread, I have noticed that I now receive considerably less spam texts and phone calls.

The ONLY thing that changed in my life is I cancelled our land line and we started using our cell phones exclusively.

Perhaps the spammers somehow took a cancelled land line as an indication that numbers related to that landline number/person were no longer likely valid?

Do not have a clue. Perhaps just coincidence...but impressed that rather than getting several meaningless calls daily, I now seem to get one every few days or so.

Now that I mentioned this, I will probably start getting multiple calls and texts daily again! o_O