Aug 13, 2014
Plad, MO

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I can't speak to the model or the unit itself but that's a lot of money for that small of a tiller. If you are doing a large area (over an acre) then your tractor is likely underpowered for the work you are doing, or you're going to be on that critter all day.

That's a premium tiller at a premium price.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I know mine is a non descript tiller and it aint no where as heavy built as that thing is. Yes its a bunch of money, and I really don't know how much your going to till, but if you don't mind spending some seat time on a large area then you wont have a worry.
My garden is a littler smaller than it use to be its only 50x100 now she was 200x300, Im getting to long in the tooth for much more and besides Im starting to get tired of feeding the criters.
It takes me several hours to mulch it all under ( I plant rye in the fall and till it under in the spring) and till it as deep as I can go which is about 6 inches I think. I really don't see anything bad about it other than its cost, but then again if the time comes you have to move it, you shouldn't have any problem getting your money out of it.
Just MHO

HighSierra79

Equipment
B7100d, M6800 w/FEL, 7' mower, 7' box blade, 42" LP tiller, 5' rake
Sep 1, 2013
MO
Bought a LP RTR1242 for my B7100. Paid a little more than $1500. But that's what I wanted. Got it in kubota orange too. Looked at a king kutter 48" in my area, but felt it was too large, and not as well finished as the LP.

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I bought the T4 48" tiller from Everything Attachments and love it. The fit and finish is really nice and It was shipped to a local trucking co. where I picked it up. I've had it about 1 1/2 years and have never regretted getting this model.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
I've just about decided to get a Phoenix T-4 Series, 40" Offset Tiller from Everything Attachments.com. It's small but my b7100 can't handle much more. If anyone has experience with this model or with the company Everything Attachments.com, please help me avoid a $1500 mistake. (delivery is free to my location)

http://www.everythingattachments.co...-Tractor-Tiller-p/ph-tiller-rotary-t4-40k.htm

PJ
pjesper,

I can't speak about the Phoenix, but I have a 48" rear tiller from Kubota that serves me VERY well. I have about a 1/4 acre garden here that in mostly clay and rock. :eek: (anything from 2" size to as big as your head) I keep the engine rpm about 2,000 and sink it in as far as it will EASILY turn up the soil. After 9 years here, I can put it down ALL the way (with the depth shoes removed) and turn over to about 8" or 9" deep. The way rocks GROW :rolleyes: here, I will continue to have them come up. I just toss them into the FEL and keep going. Usually get about 2 buckets full each year. If the pto shaft has a slip clutch, you will have to keep the rpm UP to keep tilling. If it has shear pins, I would suggest that you get a BOX of bolts and nuts to keep on the tractor for faster replacement. Mine takes a 5/16" X 2 1/2" grade 5 bolt. In the 6 years I have had the tiller, I have used maybe 20 shear pins. :eek: Yes, the BIG rocks still keep growing here. :mad:

If there is any more info I can provide, please send me a P.M. or e-mail at silentkingfisher42@centurytel.net and I will answer asap. Good luck on your purchase.

Dave

pjespers

Equipment
B7100HST-D RC60-71B Mower RB-60 Blade Phoenix T-40 Tiller
Aug 13, 2014
Plad, MO
Thank you all for your comments and advice. Considering that delivery is included in the price, I think it's a reasonable deal. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I bought a grapple from Everything attachments. Nice piece of equipment. Not too heavy for my machine etc.

Had an issue with the hoses being a tad short and they made it right, no problems.

pjespers

Equipment
B7100HST-D RC60-71B Mower RB-60 Blade Phoenix T-40 Tiller
Aug 13, 2014
Plad, MO
I received my Phoenix T-4 last fall and did a small test before winter set in. Works great so far. We'll see how it performs once the ground thaws.